Tennis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't you think we've had enough of all ths does kim deserve to be no.1 stuff? it's just a bloody number. it really has no impact on the draws at tournaments or anything else beyond symbolism (that is the difference between 1 and 2).

surely most people can have enough sense to agree that serena is best player in world. in my opinion anyone who questions this really isn't in touch with reality.

the fact is, however, that the rankings cannot and should not be designed so that serena stays at no.1 forever. she had a huge year last and inevitably she was going to lose points if 1) she didn't win everything she entered 2) she didn't stay healthy and play a decent number of tournaments.

you also have to remember that kim had an awful year from after the australian open until after us open last year, and with her massive improvement she was always going to be going up.

everyone is in the same boat, and after the US Open it will be clijsters' turn to defend her points, so i just think that people should use their common sense and just appreciate the fact that we have a number of exciting duals in womens tennis at the moment, instead off obsessing over rankings. i think if you asked the players their attitudes would be far more relaxed about the whole rankings issue than many of the posters on this board.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Yep....just a number!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts