• Czech Republic

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An upset was thought to be brewing when the draw was released but due to less than expected performances from the germans and some breakthroughs from the czechs, I think that the germans wont be able to stop the hard hitting lefties. With Lisicki, Goerges, Barthel and Kerber being the likely team for the germans, the czech team of Kvitova, Benesova or Safarova and Hradecka/Hlavackova seems to good.
Again this match could range from 5-0 Czech Reoublic to 3-2 Germany, but I have to go with the odds. The Czechs will pull this one through 4-1.

·
Registered
25,884 Posts
Hopefully Barthel gets to play over Görges on indoor hard...

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way. Kvitova will likely take 2 points home, if she's not running out of gas. The others will be taken by Lisicki and Kerber; I see an 3:2 for Germany!
How on earth are Germany going to win the doubles? And Benesova will definately beat Goerges and maybe Lisicki if she plays like she has done for much of melbourne

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
[...] With Lisicki, Goerges, Barthel and Kerber being the likely team for the germans, the czech team of Kvitova, Benesova or Safarova and Hradecka/Hlavackova seems to good.
[...].
Official Nominations by Team Captains Barbara Rittner (GER) and Petr Pála (CZE) for tie at Stuttgart (DecoColor/Indoor):
  • GER: Sabine Lisicki (# 15/44), Julia Goerges (# 23/38), Angelique Kerber (# 30) & Anna-Lena Grönefeld (Doubles # 53)
  • CZE: Petra Kvitová (# 2), Iveta Benešová (# 46/33), Barbora Záhlavová-Strýcová (# 49/29) & Lucie Hradecká (# 51/15).
In 2011 Czech Republic won all her three ties 3:2. Petra Kvitová secured the maximum of 3 x 2 points. The defending champion won both (deciding) final rubbers in straight sets:

• Iveta Benešová/Barbora Záhlavová-Strýcová def Kirsten Flipkens/Yanina Wickmayer 64 64 at Charleroi (Acrylic/Indoor)
  • Lucie Hradecká/Květa Peschke def Maria Kirilenko/Elena Vesnina 64 62 at Moscow (RuKortHard/Indoor)

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
OT but how long will Petkovic be out? I read somewhere 2 months but I also read 6 months. Anyone know?

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Good for her that she will still get to play Stuttgart and the Olympics then :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts