Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
39,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week we will have five players in the top-100 with Kerber and Malek entering around 90. We already have Muller, Groenefeld and Kloesel. Arn and Schruff are just a few points short of the top-100 and surely belong there which means we could have seven Germans in the top-100 very soon. When was the last time we had something like that?

I know that none of them is capable of winning a GS but still it's quite a large "basis" you can build on in the future. Which countries except for Russia, France and the US (I'm not even sure about them) have more in the top-100 ATM? What do you expect of them?

German tennis seems to better off than in many years, yet not back to old glory (and it probably will never be). :)

·
Registered
14,816 Posts
Next week we will have five players in the top-100 with Kerber and Malek entering around 90. We already have Muller, Groenefeld and Kloesel. Arn and Schruff are just a few points short of the top-100 and surely belong there which means we could have seven Germans in the top-100 very soon.

I know that none of them is capable of winning a GS but still it's quite a large "basis" you can build on in the future. Which countries except for Russia, France and the US (I'm not even sure about them) have more in the top-100 ATM?
Italy, with 9 players.

The US has 10 (and I'm not counting Davenport).

·
Registered
286 Posts
This is certainly a step in the right direction for German tennis...the sky is the limit

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
This is certainly a step in the right direction for German tennis...the sky is the limit
wellll. i would say top 20 is the limit.

The first post is crazy anyway, naming players who aren't evfen in the top 100 yet and somehow "deserve" to be there or "should" be there. what exactly does this mean other than a waste of time.

There are probbably 15 players who "deserve" to be in the top 10 then, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Kerber needs to stop playing 25k's :eek:

·
From island to island
12,608 Posts
That's great for Germany ! I agree on the fact that it is a basis, not real prospects for the future. By now, the real deal is Greta :worship:

·
Registered
801 Posts
I believe German tennis right now profits from a number of ITF clay court events that lift the youngsters and routine players like Arn. I think that´s the best part of the season. Up to the clay events right after Wimbledon. It will be interesting to see what the hardcourts does to them. Especiall Arn has a nice chance of climbing the rankings with nothing to defend till late in the season. ALG and Mueller might even be overtaken as the best Germans if some points in GS and bigger events are gone.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
that's really a great basis, with Malek, Kerber and Petkovic still all being 19... Anna-Lena is still young as well
Greta won her first WTA-tournament last week, she's in the best form of her life, I'm sure she'll reach a new carreer-high soon :)
remember times when we only had 2 or 3 women in GS-MD? :eek:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Who is in for Paris then automatically?

Mueller, ALG, Kloesel, Schruff
Kerber, Petkovic, Bachmann, Arn, Barrois for QF
Malek missed entry

Who is in for Wimbledon automatically?

Mueller, ALG, Klösel, Schruff, Arn, Malek
Kerber, Barrois, Petkovic, Bachmann for QF?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,792 Posts

Malek missed entry

Wörle will also get in.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Lucky you... we in Serbia right now have only two WTA TOP200 players :devil: .

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
well i hope malek gets better and better :) she's so cute and feisty and certainly has the game to do so. just needs more training and experience.

·
Registered
242 Posts
well i hope malek gets better and better :) she's so cute and feisty and certainly has the game to do so. just needs more training and experience.
she has a bad footwork.. a strange forehand and she needs to lose some weight.. if she will be top 30 for a while i will swim to denmark

·
Registered
44,730 Posts

Malek missed entry

Kerber will be easily in Wimbledon Main Draw it'll be made this week and she'll be around 90 :lol:

·
Andy!
12,576 Posts
she has a bad footwork.. a strange forehand and she needs to lose some weight.. if she will be top 30 for a while i will swim to denmark
I don't think her footwork is bad ;) And her FH is a great shot... but the Backhand is a big weakness :sad:

·
Registered
11,040 Posts
Her weaknesses are her service and this strange imitation of what should be a backhand.

Footwork, will and forehand are OK.

She needs to lose some weight and then is ready to remain among the Top100 for a while.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts