1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
50,602 Posts
Toronto R1 Bouchard vs Andreescu :haha:

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
And that is loss number ELEVEN in a row, this time to Kanepi in RD1 Bronx qualifying.

A new record for Genie? I can't even be bothered to investigate that odiously pathetic stat.... :facepalm:

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
And that is loss number ELEVEN in a row, this time to Kanepi in RD1 Bronx qualifying.

A new record for Genie? I can't even be bothered to investigate that odiously pathetic stat.... :facepalm:
The only posititive is that she kept playing and evened the match after losing the first.

Her 3rd set performance is terrible though.

·
Registered
50,602 Posts
US Open R1 vs Sevastova :help:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well like everyone else I have mainly stopped paying attention to Genie--all eyes on Bianca--but honestly i thought she wasn't bad against Sevastova--who is extremely good and consistent and no weaknesses.

But what I really noticed about Genie is her attitude has changed. She didn't get into her usual pouts and rotten mood when losing, she seemed to accept that she wasn't the better player but kept trying in a way that was very positive.

The spraying FH is still the problem, there's a lot that still looks good.

I don't think it's unrealistic to say she could still be a top 50 player or top 30 or maybe even higher, (the uncertainty is because her game, when it's really working, is a top ten game. It's just so hard to get it and keep it on that level, the margins are so slim) IF she can stay with one coach for awhile and solve a few things.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
I've checked the entry lists for the Asian swing tournaments and don't see Genie in any of them except her withdrawal the other day from Nanchang.

She's currently #151 in the live rankings, and with her remaining 2018 points to defend, she will drop to the #220's range by year end if she doesn't post some wins somewhere.

Given she hasn't had a victory since Feb in Dubai, it's not looking good.

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've checked the entry lists for the Asian swing tournaments and don't see Genie in any of them except her withdrawal the other day from Nanchang.

She's currently #151 in the live rankings, and with her remaining 2018 points to defend, she will drop to the #220's range by year end if she doesn't post some wins somewhere.

They announced her for Luxembourg sometime ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

She is in the entry list of $60K Templeton ( week of September 23), so May be she will play the following week $60K in Charlestons

·
Registered
8,057 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
She has done it few times now with no success:(

I know she did that WTA 125k where she lost to Bianca, which is obviously not bad at all. But I didn't know she played ITFs this year, since she was at many WTA events. Well then, the field is indeed weak so hopefully she will have a little breakthough here that will give her some confidence to defend points from last year.

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know she did that WTA 125k where she lost to Bianca, which is obviously not bad at all. But I didn't know she played ITFs this year, since she was at many WTA events. Well then, the field is indeed weak so hopefully she will have a little breakthough here that will give her some confidence to defend points from last year.

She lost in the first round 100K Vancouver in August

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn. It's a 60k though, she lowered the bar :SNE:

edit: I checked and she lost to Babos in Vancouver, so it's not such an awful lose, I guess.

Sometimes the field can be stronger , this one is weaker because the higher ranked are in Asia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts