Tennis Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1144 Posts

·
Dubai Love
52,430 Posts
So I had done this back in 2013 after the Chinese Nationals. So boredom wanted to do it again. Plus included Asian Games.

White Product Sports uniform Smile Gesture

Singles: Wang Qiang
Doubles: Xu Yifan/Yang Zhaoxuan
Mixed: Zhang Ze/Sun Ziyue

Team: Peng Shuai, Wang Qiang, Zhang Shuai, Xu Yifan
Singles: Wang Qiang
Doubles: Liang Chen/Yang Zhaoxuan

Team: Peng Shuai, Zhang Shuai, Duan Yingying, Zheng Saisai
Singles: Peng Shuai
Doubles: Peng Shuai/Zhang Shuai
Mixed: Peng Shuai/Li Zhe

Team: Peng Shuai, Zhang Shuai, Xu Yifan, Xie Yan-Ze
Singles: Peng Shuai
Doubles: Peng Shuai/Xu Yifan
Mixed: Peng Shuai/Li Zhe

Team: Li Na, Li Ting, Wu Shuang, Zhou Jing
Singles: Zheng Jie
Doubles: Yan Zi/Zheng Jie
Mixed: Li Ting/Zhu Ben-Qiang

Product Cap Gesture Hat Smile

Team: Li Na, Li Ting, Shen Lui-Li, Yan Ling.
Singles: Li Na
Doubles Li Na/Li Ting
Mixed: Li Ting/Jiang Shan

Gold Count
Peng Shuai: 9 (Singlesx2, Doublesx2, Mixedx2, Teamx3)
Li Ting: 5 (Doubles, Mixedx2, Teamx2)
Li Na: 4 (Singles, Doubles, Teamx2)
Zhang Shuai: 4 (Doubles, Teamx3)
Xu Yifan: 4 (Doublesx2, Teamx2)
Wang Qiang: 3 (Singlesx2, Team)
Zheng Jie: 2 (Singles, Doubles)
Yang Zhaoxuan: 2 (Doublesx2)
Chen Liang: 1 (Doubles)
Yan Zi: 1 (Doubles)
Zheng Saisai: 1 (Team)
Duan Yingying: 1 (Team)
Xie Yan-Ze: 1 (Team)
Wu Shuang: 1 (Team)
Zhou Jing: 1 (Team)
Shen Lui-Li: 1 (Team)
Yan Ling: 1 (Team)
Sun Ziyue: 1 (Mixed)

Gold at Asian Games
Zheng Jie: 2 (Singles, Doubles)
Wang Qiang: 2 (Singlesx2)
Peng Shuai: 2 (Singles, Team)
Yan Zi: 2 (Doubles, Team)
Li Na: 1 (Team)
Zhang Shuai: 1 (Team)
Xu Yifan: 1 (Doubles)
Yang Zhaoxuan: 1 (Doubles)

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Reactions: Uranium

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
So I had done this back in 2013 after the Chinese Nationals. So boredom wanted to do it again. Plus included Asian Games.
I don’t have the 2017 Mixed winner or pic, nor do I have 2013 Mixed gold medal pic if anyone can help with that.
Can't find any 2013 mixed doubles ceremony pictures.

Found one photograph Peng with four gold medals (singles, doubles, mixed doubles and team)

And five photos of the 2013 mixed doubles final.

One more

全运会网球女单决赛:彭帅2-0段莹莹_网易体育

·
Dubai Love
52,430 Posts
Thank you for both answers and help!! I can’t access weibo, but maybe Shuai or Zhe have a pic on there 🧐

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Thank you for both answers and help!! I can’t access weibo, but maybe Shuai or Zhe have a pic on there 🧐
Medal photos

More from the link

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Billie Jean King Cup by BNP Paribas Play-offs Draw:

Poland (c*) v Brazil - read more
Great Britain (c***) v Mexico - read more
Serbia (c) v Canada - read more
Latvia (c**) v India - read more
Ukraine (c***) v Japan - read more
Romania (c*) v Italy - read more
Argentina (c*) v Kazakhstan - read more
Netherlands (c**) v China - read more

Bertens leads Dutch campaign against Chinese debutants
15 Apr 2021
David Avakian

Stakes are high as the Netherlands host China, P.R. during the Billie Jean King Cup by BNP Paribas Play-offs this weekend.
Kiki Bertens is the biggest name attached to the tie, held on indoor clay at the Maaspoort Sports & Events Center in ’s-Hertogenbosch.
In order to secure a place at the 2022 Billie Jean King Cup Qualifiers, the home team has to end a five-tie losing streak. The visitors are using the exciting meeting to give a pair of young talents the opportunity to make their debut representing their country on the highest level in the sport.
The draw ceremony paired Dutch No. 1 Bertens with 19-year-old Wang Xinyu in the first match, followed by Arantxa Rus against 20-year-old Wang Xiyu.
Day two will kick off with a confrontation between Bertens and Wang Xiyu, followed by a potential fourth match featuring Rus against Wang Xinyu.
The doubles players nominated are Demi Schuurs/Lesley Pattinama Kerkhove for the home team and familiar faces Zhang Shuai/Zheng Saisai on the opposite side of the net.
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

Chinese surprise
Stand-in team captain Shuo Liu was not joking during the pre-draw press conference when he said the tie against the Netherlands presents a great chance for Xiyu and Xinyu Wang to get a taste of top level tennis on clay against top level opposition. It is no secret that Bertens, a former Roland Garros semi-finalist (2016) and Madrid Open winner (2019), thrives on the terre battue.
Paul Haarhuis, set to captain the Dutch team for the last time, expressed mixed feelings after the draw. “We are counting on that they picked their two best players at this moment in time to play.
“On the one hand I’m surprised, on the other hand I have seen the Chinese team practice this week and I heard the two young players like to play on clay. But it’s always surprising when the No. 1 and No. 2 players don’t compete in the singles matches.”
Bertens, on the comeback trail this year after achilles surgery last October, has never faced world No. 146 Wang Xinyu before. The current world No. 11 did defeat Wang Xiyu in Miami in 2019.

Records
Meanwhile, world No. 83 Rus is no stranger to fellow-lefty Wang Xiyu. “I’ve played her three times recently. She is a big girl with great groundstrokes. At the same time, she is not the most constant player out there. She brings a mix of great points and unforced errors to the table.”

Learning from the best
Wang Xiyu, ranked No. 134, is relishing the chance to fight it out against great opponents on a clay court and hopes to take more out of the tie than just match wins.
“They are both great players. Bertens always plays with high intensity and has so much experience. I think I can learn a lot from playing her. Rus never stops fighting and her shots are really great. I enjoy playing her very much.
“For me it’s a very good challenge to play on clay. Also, it’s a great chance to learn more about tennis in general, because tennis is not only played on hardcourts,” said the talented youngster, before teenage teammate Wang Xinyu shared her thoughts on her tie-opening match against Bertens on the Dutchwoman’s favourite surface.
“She is a great player, so I’m happy to share the court with her. Because of my aggressive game style a lot depends on me, no matter who my opponent is. I wouldn’t say clay is the best surface for me, but we have played on it since we were juniors. I actually like clay more than I did before and I think I’m doing a better job on it now. I put more spin on my shots and adjust my game plan when I have to.”

Rectangle Font Logo Circle Brand

·
Registered
6,399 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
The 14th National Games is targeted to be held from Wednesday 15 to Monday 27 September 2021 in Shaanxi Province 陕西省.

Five events, Women's Singles and Doubles; Men's Singles and Doubles; and Mixed Doubles are to be played. No Team Event.

Incidentally, the National Games dates will have overlapping with the proposed WTA 2021 Sep 13 ZhengZhou and the Sep 20 GuangZhou.

A total of 64 women's singles players, 30 women's doubles (2 WCs to be announced) teams, 32 mixed doubles teams have been determined after the completion of the qualifying round held 23 to 29 April in ChengDu 成都.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Players have to pass some physical fitness tests before they are qualified to play the 14th National Games. ... In general total points 总分 ≥ 60
第十四届全国运动会 网球项目体能测试

For tennis players the Fitness Test was done from 20 to 21 April just before the commencement of the NG tennis qualifying round at Chengdu 成都 (Apr 23 to 29).

Higher ranked players do not participate qualifying but have to pass the Fitness Test. Those playing abroad will be tested later.

Yuan Yue 袁悦 and Zheng Qinwen 郑钦文 are on the Roland-Garros 2021 qualifying alternates list (initially alt. #8 and #25). They could have gained some more points before the RG21 Qfy. entry deadline. Nevertheless they had to stay behind to undergo the Fitness Test.

Hong Kong and Macao players are exempted from the Fitness Test.
(Incidentally though knew before Macao and Macau are used interchangeably for the place 澳門, Macau is modern Portuguese usage and Macao is modern English usage.)

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
A singles draw of 64 is to be played in the 14th CNG from Wednesday 15 to Monday 27 September 2021 in Shaanxi Province 陕西省. Could not find the exact schedule.

Notably absences from the singles, doubles and mixed entry lists are
Peng Shuai, Xu Shilin, Ma Shuyue, Zhang Yuxuan, Yang Yidi,
Ma Ye-Xin, Kang Jiaqi, Zhang Kai-Lin and Lu Jing-Jing
as well as
Han Jiangxue, Wang Dan Ni, Liu Yanni, Chen Jiahui, Qi Jiatian,
Sheng Yuqi, Zhao Qianqian, Cai Xinyu, Liu Si Qi, Mu Shou Na, Liu Meiting etc.

彭帅 徐诗霖 马姝玥 张宇璇 杨一迪
马烨欣 康佳琪 张恺琳 鲁晶晶

韩江雪 王丹妮 刘燕妮 陈佳慧 齐佳甜
盛钰琪 赵倩倩 蔡心宇 刘思琦 木寿娜 刘美婷
李宗钰 王佳祺 董娜

Tianjin as always has too many qualified players. It is the only reason that Zhang Yuxuan, Yang Yidi and Kang Jiaqi could not participate due to the limit allowed for each participating unit. These three have far better rankings than most.

Top 26 CTA ranked players received direct acceptance DA into the NG Final. Six Hong Kong & Macao players, exempted from the Fitness Test, are also DA.

In the qualifying round a further 8 players received byes without requiring to play, subsequently 9 apparently due to a player Zhao failed the Fitness Test.

23 players won the qualifying first round that made up the total 64 final players.

第十四届全国运动会网球项目资格赛 Live Scores

List below are from the Live Scores results, formal list not available yet.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
A singles draw of 64 is to be played in the 14th CNG from Wednesday 15 to Monday 27 September 2021 in Shaanxi Province 陕西省. Could not find the exact schedule.

15 September is in fact the day of Opening Ceremony.

Tennis is however starts today 1st of September to 9 Sep.

1st September Singles Results

1st September Doubles Results

Teams

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
The Teams

A team list of the 14th China's National Games was issued on 24 Aug. Earlier the final players' lists were issued on Aug 3.

Despite Zhang Shuai has been playing in the US for some time, she is still listed in the Tianjin team. Initially she was directly accepted in singles, and also in doubles partnering Xu Yifan. Of course she was not in the singles draw and Xu re-paired.

Two wildcards were reserved for Olympics doubles players (in case of different team units). On the final Aug 3 doubles list one of the wildcard is allocated to Yang Zhaoxuan / Xu Yifan and the other not used.

Initially Bejing had two doubles teams. Yang Zhaoxuan / Feng Shuo was directly accepted and Gao Xinyu / Yang Ziyi through the qualifying round. After the WC was issued, Feng re-paired with Gao. Yang Ziyi lost her place.

The Aug 3 list had the Shanxi doubles team comprising ZHU Mingfang 朱铭芳 / Yu Wenfei 于文菲, from alternates. Zhu was also a member of the Shanxi mixed doubles team. But neither the Shanxi's doubles and mixed doubles teams are present in the draw, probably due to Zhu.

So there are one bye each in singles, doubles and mixed doubles.

Hong Kong had a singles player change from the initial list. Wu Ho Ching in the Aug 3 list replaced Adithya Karunaratne.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
2nd September Singles Results

First round completed today.

Seed #4 Wang Xinyu, #10 Lu Jia-Jing and #11 Yuan Yue lost. Wang Meiling also lost.

Incidentally Wang Xinyu and Lu are both on the Sep 13 Portugal W60+H Caldas da Rainha acceptance list, together with Zheng Saisai.

Four Hong Kong players are in singles. Eudice Zhong, Wang Hong Yi and Wu Ho Ching advance to the 2nd round. NG Man Ying lost.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
2nd September Doubles Results

Doubles second round completed today.

Seeds #4 Wang Xinyu / Yuan Yue and #8 Xun Fang Ying / Liu Chang lost.

1101 - 1120 of 1144 Posts