Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could've been a 6-1 6-0 destroyal if Parrizas weren't so tactically clueless - she just REFUSED to make a few steps into the court to take time away from Moonball Queen, and repeatedly backtracked when having to hit a volley, so the point was unnecessarily reset so many times (often ending in comical errors, especially in the first).
Still, even if playing so brainless, she has too much game for Anshba and ended up routining her anyway. I really don't see it for Abkhazian 🌙🥎 at WTA level, if she doesn't retool her game to take at least a tiny bit of initiative she'll most likely remain stuck outside top-200 (she'd still be outside top-300 if this week wasn't so... peculiar, with 3546 withdrawals).

Reactions: Perun and Javi

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Nuria ♥
Still going strong!
Zanevska or Kuzmova won‘t be easy in the QF now but not unbeatable either. Since she has to be tired at some point I‘m not accepting a win.
How far does she need to go for a Top 100 ranking?

·
Registered
19,159 Posts
Nuria ♥
Still going strong!
Zanevska or Kuzmova won‘t be easy in the QF now but not unbeatable either. Since she has to be tired at some point I‘m not accepting a win.
How far does she need to go for a Top 100 ranking?
One more win

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
You can't talk bad about Amina here or claim she moonballs. There is a poster here who is bff's with her and her coach, and he doesn't like people to say such hateful, hurtful things about her. She can read you know and she knows people call her moonball queen.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
WTF is this weird obsession people have with Anshba?
I love different playing styles. If she can win with pushing and moonballing, I see nothing wrong with her style

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
I love different playing styles. If she can win with pushing and moonballing, I see nothing wrong with her style
I appreciate your unpopular opinion. But that having said it would make WTA kinda a mockery if she would really make it playing this way.

Reactions: DropShotAce

·
Registered
21,307 Posts
In table tennis it's pretty normal that you have aggressors and defenders as well. The defenders there are much more accepted than in tennis where this is a question of ideology it seems.

Personally I also prefer the more aggressive game style but as far as I watched it in the first set Anshba was defending very well.

She plays a mix of moonballing and pushing and pushing in her terms means already playing aggressively

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Reactions: evypatton9

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
She plays a mix of moonballing and pushing and pushing in her terms means already playing aggressively
hahaah imagine the talk with her coach, 'man I attacked all those balls'

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Spirited Away

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
I don't get all this "queen of moonballs" stuff as a generalisation. I watched this match, and there were literally about four points in TOTAL where she was moonballing as a tactic, and in two of them Parrizas Diaz was as well. A lot of the loopy shots she played I simply couldn't class as moonballs because they were as a result of her insane defensive abilities in actually being able to get the ball back.

I totally agree with the commentator who said that "the scoreline indicates a fairly routine win, but that couldn't be further from the truth." Parrizas Diaz had to work her butt off to win that match. The thing which annoyed me, though, and I mentioned in the Live Commentary thread, was the commentator calling the players "Ann-shee-ba" and "Parry-ass Diaz." Every single time. I mean, seriously?????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts