Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who'da thunk it? The Ontario Appeal Court ruled yesterday that marriage laws defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman are unconstitutional, and that homosexuals must be allowed to get married, effective immediately, and retroactive to two gay couples who were married by a minister two years ago.

I haven't decided what I think about all this yet. But economically speaking, it'll be good for Ontario's, especially Toronto's harmed economy in light of SARS, as people from other provinces, and even countries will travel to Ontario to get marriage licenses.

What do you guys think?

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Awesome news.....

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
I plan to e-mail Ted Casablanca immediately. This might be the news he needs to spurn him in to finally leaving Neely and embracing his gay side, which we all know he has. Even Neely has admitted that her prior boast of "Ted Casablanca is not a f**, and I'm the dame who can prove it" was never fulfilled. There might be a "dame" out there who could turn Ted straight, but it sure is not Neely. My own theory is that Neely is such a harpie that she actually turns straight men gay, turns them off to women entirely.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
This is great news! Guess we will be moving to Canada after all! :worship:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought this would be getting a lot more responses, considering a lot of people on this board are gay and would be interested in this news. Or, the opposite, a lot of people might not agree with it. Oh well...no controversy here I suppose.

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
For some reason I thought it said Gay and Lesbian Comedians can get married

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
In fact, the decision is not yet final. The federal government has to decide if he will bring is fight against homosexual marriage to the Supreme Court. The decision of the Justice Minister was suppose to be given on Wednesday but he asked for more time.

If the government accept the decision of the court, the law will be change and homosexual marriage will be legal all over Canada, not only in Ontario. If not, we will have to wait for the decision of the Supreme Court.

However, until the decision of the Minister is announced, gay and lesbians couples can get married in Ontario. Also, Toronto City Hall has been flooded by marriage request from couples who wants to take advantage of the Ontario courts decision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts