Tennis Forum banner

5581 - 5600 of 5612 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,310 Posts
Hi @Barrie_Dude I've been watching a bit of the White Sox intersquad games and one of the things the guys in the commentary booth have been telling people to watch for is Luis Robert's range in CF. And it's ridiculous. Many White Sox fans were worried about Eloy in left and Nomar in right not being very quick. It doesn't matter though 'cos this kid can fly. The other two are laughing as he waves them off, races in and takes catches with ease that he has no business getting to.

Oh, and he fell over mid swing the other day and still launched the ball over the left field wall.

It's been a longer wait than we expected to get to see this kid in the majors but he's gonna be fun to watch.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
184,294 Posts
Hi @Barrie_Dude I've been watching a bit of the White Sox intersquad games and one of the things the guys in the commentary booth have been telling people to watch for is Luis Robert's range in CF. And it's ridiculous. Many White Sox fans were worried about Eloy in left and Nomar in right not being very quick. It doesn't matter though 'cos this kid can fly. The other two are laughing as he waves them off, races in and takes catches with ease that he has no business getting to.

Oh, and he fell over mid swing the other day and still launched the ball over the left field wall.

It's been a longer wait than we expected to get to see this kid in the majors but he's gonna be fun to watch.
That’s awesome!
Been watching the NASCAR All Star Race
Chase Elliott took the win

·
Premium Member
14,310 Posts
@Barrie_Dude @CrossCourt~Rally @Super Dave Here's something that might liven up White Sox games if they go into extra innings. As you know this season extra innings will start with a runner on 2nd base. So, with the White Sox having two centre fielders with elite speed and defensive skills, pundits are quite seriously wondering if they will make defensive replacements for both left and right fielders, have Robert and Engel in left-centre and right-centre field and a 5th infielder.

Is this an insane idea?

Are there other teams with a pair of CFs like Robert and Engel who might be able to do this?

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
184,294 Posts
@Barrie_Dude @CrossCourt~Rally @Super Dave Here's something that might liven up White Sox games if they go into extra innings. As you know this season extra innings will start with a runner on 2nd base. So, with the White Sox having two centre fielders with elite speed and defensive skills, pundits are quite seriously wondering if they will make defensive replacements for both left and right fielders, have Robert and Engel in left-centre and right-centre field and a 5th infielder.

Is this an insane idea?

Are there other teams with a pair of CFs like Robert and Engel who might be able to do this?

Actually a serious consideration
I’d be tempted to make that call

·
Premium Member
14,310 Posts
Actually a serious consideration
I’d be tempted to make that call
The more I think of it the more I think "why not?" Especially as, if the White Sox are playing five infielders then one of them will be Leury Garcia, a utility player who is the White Sox's next best outfielder after Robert and Engel. Let's say they get the runner on 2nd as the first out, they can go back to three outfielders.

·
Registered
37,822 Posts
What are you guys talking about? 🤣

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
184,294 Posts
The more I think of it the more I think "why not?" Especially as, if the White Sox are playing five infielders then one of them will be Leury Garcia, a utility player who is the White Sox's next best outfielder after Robert and Engel. Let's say they get the runner on 2nd as the first out, they can go back to three outfielders.
I might even consider putting on the green light for stealing third right away

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,068 Posts
Seems like the newly started Baseball season is in deep trouble with the Corona infections of Miami!

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
184,294 Posts
Seems like the newly started Baseball season is in deep trouble with the Corona infections of Miami!
Actually it happened in Philly so they are looking there for epicenter
Someone screwed up with protocols

5581 - 5600 of 5612 Posts