·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Here are some of the sketches I did from the lakeside
View attachment 177388

View attachment 177389

View attachment 177390

View attachment 177391

Didn't get to see enough of the marsh harrier to draw much detail. But it's a majestic bird and the top predator of the reed beds. I saw it four times in flight from no more than 10m away, flying low over the lake. A real thrill to see one.
Trespassing here to give thumbs up for these sketches and the kingfisher painted glass. If I was any good at drawing I'd do birds exclusively, they are a neverending source of inspiration. That grebe sketch is great, instantly recognizable. Keep it up.

·
Premium Member
14,310 Posts
Trespassing here to give thumbs up for these sketches and the kingfisher painted glass. If I was any good at drawing I'd do birds exclusively, they are a neverending source of inspiration. That grebe sketch is great, instantly recognizable. Keep it up.
The grebe made me work for it. All the others I drew while sitting on a bench by the lake. The grebe was on the river nearby and was diving for fish. He disappear and reappear 30m down river. I was chasing after him, sketchbook in hand. Worth it though when he came up with a fish. And they're beautiful birds.

·
Registered
37,822 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, let me präsentiert you my Summer in the City outfit 😅
20200626_195743.jpg

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
184,294 Posts
Forget my password
Can’t sign in on new phone
Arrgghh

·
Registered
72,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,570
Good to see you! Hope you are well and healthy... now that borders are open again, I am planning my hike to the top of Triglav again

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Good to see you! Hope you are well and healthy... now that borders are open again, I am planning my hike to the top of Triglav again
Except for the terrible political situation everything safe and sound over here. Beginning my summer school break from tomorrow on! Almost 2 months of bliss.

Triglav is overrated. You should just go have lunch with me in Kranjska Gora.:LOL:

·
Registered
72,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,572
Except for the terrible political situation everything safe and sound over here. Beginning my summer school break from tomorrow on! Almost 2 months of bliss.

Triglav is overrated. You should just go have lunch with me in Kranjska Gora.:LOL:
it may be, but it's the highest peak of the Julian Alps and I want to get on top of it... ideally, we wanted to start from Mangart and climb our way in 3-4 days camping on the way... but probably we will just spend one night at the 7 lakes valley before climbing up...

as for lunch together... any time, after 10 years of living 1 hour apart, it's about time I guess

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
it may be, but it's the highest peak of the Julian Alps and I want to get on top of it... ideally, we wanted to start from Mangart and climb our way in 3-4 days camping on the way... but probably we will just spend one night at the 7 lakes valley before climbing up...

as for lunch together... any time, after 10 years of living 1 hour apart, it's about time I guess
This sounds like an accusation.😏 Where do you live again? Pordenone? Tarvisio?

·
Registered
72,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,575
This sounds like an accusation.😏 Where do you live again? Pordenone? Tarvisio?
well, it's mutual if we haven't met.

I live in Pordenone, but I should be sometimes in Dogna as I haven't been at all since COVID lockdown and I love my house in the mountains... I really should work less 😂

·
Registered
37,822 Posts
My home town in a short clip
Even in you don't understand German, IMO it is a nice thing to watch and enjoy

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,068 Posts
Stosurs Partner gave birth to a baby

i totally missed that she came out.
But on the other hand the pope doesn’t declare daily that he is catholic

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,068 Posts
i mean, why is everyone expecting a statement
someone like Federer or Nadal just came up with Girlfriend in the stands, and so teveryone knew "it´s his Girlfriend"
he didn´t need to state "I´m straight"
so a lesbian or gay player/person shouldn´t need to come out, just live it, and everyone should get it without "i´m gay" statement

·
Registered
72,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,580
i mean, why is everyone expecting a statement
someone like Federer or Nadal just came up with Girlfriend in the stands, and so teveryone knew "it´s his Girlfriend"
he didn´t need to state "I´m straight"
so a lesbian or gay player/person shouldn´t need to come out, just live it, and everyone should get it without "i´m gay" statement
I totally agree with you... also, in general, I know a sports person is a public figure, but I am pretty much in favour of the "it's their personal life" line. It's on them to decide what to share and what not

5561 - 5580 of 5612 Posts