Tennis Forum banner

5421 - 5440 of 5471 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
@Barrie_Dude @CrossCourt~Rally I think this was my favourite moment of last season. Top of the 5th, raining heavily and no sign of it stopping, game about to be called off any moment and Giolito takes 11 pitches to strike the side out and get the result. That was the moment I really believed that he wasn't just a kid going through a hot streak, he's the real deal.

·
Premium Member
170,973 Posts
Bobito, I had no idea Vera Lynn was so beloved in the UK. I was taking a look at this weeks Top 40 UK albums and noticed her 2017 compilation, 100 re-charted this week at #30 😱

She‘s still alive and doing very well at age 103 !

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
Bobito, I had no idea Vera Lynn was so beloved in the UK. I was taking a look at this weeks Top 40 UK albums and noticed her 2017 compilation, 100 re-charted this week at #30 😱

She‘s still alive and doing very well at age 103 !

She was the darling of the squaddies during WW2. Spent pretty much the whole six years visiting and entertaining the troops. So yeah, she's an icon, especially to older people. Had no idea she was still alive.

Petula Clark was another, though she was just a kid at the time. She used to regularly sing on the radio to entertain the troops.

On the subject of the war, here's an old photo of my mum in her land army uniform. The land army was the name given to the young women who worked on the farms while the men were at war. I'd guess she was about 16 here, maybe a little younger. She looked back on her time in the land army with great fondness though as I remember.

·
Premium Member
170,973 Posts
She was the darling of the squaddies during WW2. Spent pretty much the whole six years visiting and entertaining the troops. So yeah, she's an icon, especially to older people. Had no idea she was still alive.

Petula Clark was another, though she was just a kid at the time. She used to regularly sing on the radio to entertain the troops.

On the subject of the war, here's an old photo of my mum in her land army uniform. The land army was the name given to the young women who worked on the farms while the men were at war. I'd guess she was about 16 here, maybe a little younger. She looked back on her time in the land army with great fondness though as I remember.

View attachment 176192
I love these types of photos! Thanks for posting. My grandfather was in WW2.

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts

·
HEADBANGER
69,334 Posts
Shocking news and quite a confession from our Prime Minester today.
She admitts to liking pinnapple on Pizza..........................
She's doing very vell at poll atm, Norwegian goverment have handled the Corona situation good, but after this..................................?

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
183,124 Posts
She's doing very vell at poll atm, Norwegian goverment have handled the Corona situation good, but after this..................................?
Oh No! Despicable!!

·
Premium Member
170,973 Posts
I‘d certainly vote for her 😇

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
Clearly her judgement must be seen as questionable after this

5421 - 5440 of 5471 Posts