Tennis Forum banner

5081 - 5100 of 5249 Posts

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
107,784 Posts
@gaspa
We spoke about why there are more dead Corona victims in Italy then in Germany.

seems like Germany has 28.000 intensive care beds, and Italy just 5.000.
This could explain why doctors had to decide whom to give a chance and whom to let die in Italy so early in the crisis.

and the irony of it. Just 8 month ago a big institute was telling Germany should reduce the big number of intensive care beds as the best way to reduce the costs of our health system. Thank god they didn’t follow the advice.

BTW. The UK has even less intensive care beds as Italy.
So you better take care of yourself @bobito

·
Premium Member
170,632 Posts
Hoping for the best. Have you been able to talk with her by phone?
Yes, and all things considered she sounds fairly well.

She even laughed at one of my jokes. She was complaining about not being able to eat anything but Jello. I said , “just be glad Bill Cosby wasn’t there to feed it to you “. Bill was a long time spokesman for Jello back in the day 😅

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
182,628 Posts
Yes, and all things considered she sounds fairly well.

She even laughed at one of my jokes. She was complaining about not being able to eat anything but Jello. I said , “just be glad Bill Cosby wasn’t there to feed it to you “. Bill was a long time spokesman for Jello back in the day 😅
she laughed at that? Poor lady!!

·
Registered
72,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,087
@gaspa
We spoke about why there are more dead Corona victims in Italy then in Germany.

seems like Germany has 28.000 intensive care beds, and Italy just 5.000.
This could explain why doctors had to decide whom to give a chance and whom to let die in Italy so early in the crisis.

and the irony of it. Just 8 month ago a big institute was telling Germany should reduce the big number of intensive care beds as the best way to reduce the costs of our health system. Thank god they didn’t follow the advice.

BTW. The UK has even less intensive care beds as Italy.
So you better take care of yourself @bobito
Yeah, that was also one of the cases. However, the biggest numer is really on the decision to count people with virus or killed by the virus.
Like, 2 days ago people with no other synthoms that were killed by the virus were something like 12 in Italy. A friend of mine had his great-aunt killed by a stroke, but she was found positive by the check for corona, so she is counted in as a death by corona. But the health system said they prefer to count everyone for now and re-do the math once it's over to really draw a line.
Thankfully, Italians really showed great support and a lot of money has been raised to implement numbers of intensity care beds... not enough, yet, in the most affected regions, but a lot. Including a very successful campain by one of those useless influencers. But she really earned a lot of respect by doing that.
Oops forgot to add it ;)
View attachment 174959
@Mikulescu @Julius Kugy @matthias @Javi @bobito

What do you think about the shirt and the team it represents;)
The print is nice, as for the club, I give no fucks about that sport, but they have my respect as the also have other discipline clubs (handball i.e.)

·
Registered
36,613 Posts
Yeah, that was also one of the cases. However, the biggest numer is really on the decision to count people with virus or killed by the virus.
Like, 2 days ago people with no other synthoms that were killed by the virus were something like 12 in Italy. A friend of mine had his great-aunt killed by a stroke, but she was found positive by the check for corona, so she is counted in as a death by corona. But the health system said they prefer to count everyone for now and re-do the math once it's over to really draw a line.
Thankfully, Italians really showed great support and a lot of money has been raised to implement numbers of intensity care beds... not enough, yet, in the most affected regions, but a lot. Including a very successful campain by one of those useless influencers. But she really earned a lot of respect by doing that.

The print is nice, as for the club, I give no fucks about that sport, but they have my respect as the also have other discipline clubs (handball i.e.)
Yeah, they also have many other sports, right ;)
And yeah, that is the reason I decided to buy it, that print looks amazing

·
Registered
36,613 Posts
yes,
such Team shirts have already much going on with Team Logo, Sponsor, Clothing brand, and then you get all the ddots and different colors.
For my taste to much. but other people like it.

i prefer it more classic
Yeah, all depends on individuell taste
You are more on the classic side, I can also find something in those styles :)

5081 - 5100 of 5249 Posts