Tennis Forum banner

4781 - 4800 of 4902 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,060 Posts
No suprise
Here's a thought. I've heard a lot of people bemoaning the fact that the Astros players haven't been punished. But wait. Rob Manfred labelled the scheme as "player-driven" in his report. These guys have to play 81 away games this year with this hanging over their heads.

Has Manfred just set them up for the fans to punish them?

Maybe the boos and the heckling will die down after the all-star break but not for long. They'll still have the series in Yankee Stadium ahead of them. Astros players will be standing in the outfield wondering how long before a fan with a good throwing arm nails them in the back of the head with who knows what?

They're going to wish they'd been suspended.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
181,858 Posts
Here's a thought. I've heard a lot of people bemoaning the fact that the Astros players haven't been punished. But wait. Rob Manfred labelled the scheme as "player-driven" in his report. These guys have to play 81 away games this year with this hanging over their heads.

Has Manfred just set them up for the fans to punish them?

Maybe the boos and the heckling will die down after the all-star break but not for long. They'll still have the series in Yankee Stadium ahead of them. Astros players will be standing in the outfield wondering how long before a fan with a good throwing arm nails them in the back of the head with who knows what?

They're going to wish they'd been suspended.
I agree. The players will catch flack and opening day in Houston will be unreal

·
Registered
46,453 Posts
Oh, watching the Astros this year is going to be fun. I abhor cheating and I hope these MFs get pounded by fans all year.

Semi-related: We received our second (only SECOND) measurable snowfall of the winter over the weekend (6"+?) but the sun is out today, we got the Midland $100K coming up, college baseball starts Valentine's Day, and Spring Training starts soon. Lots to look forward to.

4781 - 4800 of 4902 Posts