Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. How do you play her? She's not quite as strong as you are, but she's pretty solid, moves well.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: She is solid from both sides. I don't remember having ever played her before. I watched just a little bit of a couple games right now. But I think a very different style than the girl she was playing. You know, I think most important, when I've never played a girl, I have to concentrate more on my own game, and feel if I do it well, I should be successful. If I'm not, then I'm going to have to go to Game Plan B or Game Plan Two.

", Davenport didn't remember ever having played Dechy before. I found that a bit unlikely considering the time they have both spent on Tour. And they have met twice (one at the Australian Open) in the late 90's. Lindsay won both"

How arrogant can ya get. Not only does she not remember playing a player she has dispactched twice, she also had the gall to suggest that if she plays her game she will be successful!..

I'm glad Serena never said anything so blatantly arrogant :fiery:

Reactions: SJW

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
dechy was more arrogant saying that she can beat lindsay :rolleyes: neway a player isnt arrogant cos she doesnt remember her opponent...

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok...only Serena is arrogant if she's never heard of her opponent..thanks I'll remember that.

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
and lindsay didn't say that she never heard of dechy, she simply said that she didn't remember playing her

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what she said that's why I posted the exact quote.

I'm just trying to figure out why there seems to be a double standard when it comes to Serena.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
I know what she said that's why I posted the exact quote.

I'm just trying to figure out why there seems to be a double standard when it comes to Serena.
And I'm trying to figure out why this is the main topic for concern on a tennis message board, what with 12312 matches going on tomorrow. I'm also baffled why it surprises so many of you that people hold double standards are hypocracy over a number of things. I would have think this is something you would have picked up in grade school, like I did.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your blessing becca. YOU're the fart beneath our wings.

Reactions: Rocketta

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL....let's see what have you contributed to this thread?

If you want intelligent debate why don't you start a thread, and avoid those you have no interest in.

I'm not at all surprised by the hypocrisy, or double standards. I started this thread to give the whiners another chance to show thier true colors. If that upsets you, that's something you'll have to work out on your own.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Good Post Rebecca!!!!!
I actually tempted to reply to this idiot, But you already did say what i wanna say.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
[email protected]!!!

i get what u are trying to do!!!!

1) note the number of replies ;)
2) "Linzi isnt arrogant" ROTFFFF

the hypocrisy of this world makes me laugh.....it really does :D

·
Banned
845 Posts
Oh yea, here we go with the double standards again. Yesterday they dogged Serena about not knowing her opponent and today when Davenport said the same thing it is different. You haters never cease to amaze me. Then you wonder why the W/S fans retaliate over these double standards.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
They have only played twice and Lindsay has played hundreds of matches. I don't blame her at all for not remembering. I am sure as soon as Lindsay gets on the court, she'll remember playing her before.

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
[email protected] forehand. All he/she is trying to do is prove a point, nothing bad about Lindsay. It's funny because the thread created about Serena not knowing Mikean got all types of she is so arrogant. and she is so disrespectful type of responses, however when Lindsay says she does not remember ever playing Dechy before who is a top 20 player then they all hide. LOL!!

You people need to stop it with the double standards. It's not that serious people. Lindsay did not remember playing her at all, and Serena never heard of Mikean. So what! Big Deal!!! Who cares.

LOL!!!

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
DA Forehand, it is easy to look through your thoughts! :rolleyes:
You thought accusing Lindsay of being arrogant because she couldn`t remember having ever played against Dechy is a sweet revenge to all the people who complained about Serena because she said she didn`t know Mikaelian. Wow, how obvious! Now you got us! :rolleyes:

It is a difference between Lindsay and Serena! Lindsay is just back from her marriage and is in love. She has other things in mind. :hearts:
Serena is just arrogant! She wanted to be cool but she was not. It`s typical for Serena to act like that. "I am the No. 1 and my opponents are not important" - as long as Serena knows who she is and how she plays everything is all right! :eek: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts