Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source (article in french) : https://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Caroline-garcia-eliminee-a-rome-mentalement-je-n-etais-pas-a-la-hauteur/1018705#xtor=RSS-1

Translated from google, so expect few mistranslation :

Caroline Garcia (eliminated in the first round): "It was a particular match, very complicated. I did not manage to put in place what we had prepared. I was perhaps too emotional, I do not know ... So, it was not at all clean. I was very nervous all the time. I was a lot in a rush, in frustration. I did not badly impaled on some keystrokes. It's difficult to play in these conditions. Mentally, I was not up to it. It takes a lot of concentration to play on those courts, maybe even more than usual. In recent times, there is a lot of emotion in my matches. But it's not just that parameter. That's not an excuse. I could have managed the context well.

All this does not detract from Kristina's performance. She played fair, she varied well, she gave few points. It was I who left too early to blame. She made her match, so there's no reason for me not to do mine. I wanted to continue the momentum of Madrid but everything did not go as planned, especially in terms of preparation. I have a wrist problem since a doubles match, where I do not take a good end. There is a small inflammation. So, I had to rest and today I missed a bit of typing. We'll have to let that rest and come back quietly. Normally, I will play Strasbourg next week."

Caro :hug: :hug: :hug:

·
Registered
34,855 Posts
Garcia seems like a great girl. I hope she can regain her momentum from Miami, Fed Cup, and Madrid.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
There's no shame in losing to FO'19 champion.

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Garcia seems like a great girl. I hope she can regain her momentum from Miami, Fed Cup, and Madrid.
She is! :D
And yes, but I think she needs a lot of time to recover physically and mentally first. It was not ideal to lose in R1 against someone who has been so vile to her with coach like Bajin there. Not to mention the match was in Rome (Kiki's 2nd hometown).

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
lol girl stop being delusional and full of yourself, just because you had a fluke autumn season in 2017 mostly due to the top players being tired/injured it doesn't give you the right to act like a sore loser

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol girl stop being delusional and full of yourself, just because you had a fluke autumn season in 2017 mostly due to the top players being tired/injured it doesn't give you the right to act like a sore loser
I would like to disagree with you 100% here. I'm a fan of both of them but clearly you did not read the interview well. I'm well aware that Kiki Mladenovic might not be a good talker when being interviewed in the past and in my humble opinion, does not possess a fair attitude most of the time. After winning against Osaka, Kiki bragged about it which is totally fine, but when lost, she also did act like a sore loser.

Garcia was asked regarding her state of mind because as everyone can see, she was under pressure. Much like Osaka before. Garcia did praise Kiki and blame only herself.

To make a statement that she is delusional, acting like a sore loser in which clearly it doesn't reflect on her interview is really low of you. Give me an example from those whole interview in which part that Garcia acted like a sore loser.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would like to disagree with you 100% here. I'm a fan of both of them but clearly you did not read the interview well. I'm well aware that Kiki Mladenovic might not be a good talker when being interviewed in the past and in my humble opinion, does not possess a fair attitude most of the time. After winning against Osaka, Kiki bragged about it which is totally fine, but when lost, she also did act like a sore loser.

Garcia was asked regarding her state of mind because as everyone can see, she was under pressure. Much like Osaka before. Garcia did praise Kiki and blame only herself.

To make a statement that she is delusional, acting like a sore loser in which clearly it doesn't reflect on her interview is really low of you. Give me an example from those whole interview in which part that Garcia acted like a sore loser.
I applaud that you are trying but you assume that you are dealing with a rational person here who reads things without bias. For this poster only one thing counts: Mladenovic is God's gift to mankind and Garcia is bad: everything she says is bad, everything she does is bad and, most of all, she is a bad person and a bad tennis player, end of. There is nothing in this statement that shows that she is a sore loser or delusional or full of herself. In fact she is as self-effacing as she could be (and generally is): 'I lost this match because I was not in it mentally, and Kristina was just better', she is just saying. Nothing wrong with that, but everything can apparently be construed in such a way that it fits the narrative someone has come to see as the only and eternal truth. How is that for delusional!

·
18,391 Posts
I agree with Sinjo here. Garcia just reeks of bitterness that she got humiliated. Saying "no excuses" while listing out excuses? :yawn: Girl, please. Kiki beat her at tennis, not to mention is much prettier and far more educated, so it's a tough pill to swallow. Kiki may have forgiven Garcia after how awfully she treated her but I won't.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I applaud that you are trying but you assume that you are dealing with a rational person here who reads things without bias. For this poster only one thing counts: Mladenovic is God's gift to mankind and Garcia is bad: everything she says is bad, everything she does is bad and, most of all, she is a bad person and a bad tennis player, end of. There is nothing in this statement that shows that she is a sore loser or delusional or full of herself. In fact she is as self-effacing as she could be (and generally is): 'I lost this match because I was not in it mentally, and Kristina was just better', she is just saying. Nothing wrong with that, but everything can apparently be construed in such a way that it fits the narrative someone has come to see as the only and eternal truth. How is that for delusional!
You are right. I think it is useless to have a logical conversation with them because they have a lot of blatant false claims. From super biased "more pretty" (first, pretty is in the eye of the beholder, I could have said the gap between Kiki's teeth is unpleasant therefore makes her not pretty, but everyone has their own taste). From "how awful" Garcia treated Kiki even though it was the other way around (with a lot of evidence of Kiki's saying unpleasant thing while Garcia stays quiet) And yes, Garcia might have her own fair share of faults but so does Kiki so there's no such thing as which one is more awful. And of course they agreed with each other, they are delusional fans. They just basically stated what they were thinking rather than taking it rationally.

And that is not excuses, Garcia explained what went on her head because the question is probably "how did you feel during your match". Unless that's not the proper way to answer then by all means, you can think that as an excuse. Have a go at her :) @BlueTrees
And also, why would you said you won't forgive her :haha:? you speak as if you are their friends.. that's rather.. uh weird?

·
Registered
48,601 Posts
she should hire a real coach, its not like she can;t afford it, shes 26 this years, better late than never.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts