Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Well, Tax on grass.... I hope she'll do great with Paola, they're both great girls and good doubles players, so hopefully...

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Suarez must be trying to get these players to have confidence boosters because she is not picking to win these slams.

So here's the deal when it comes to picking the right doubles partner
1) Don't pick the player who is overweight and moves worse than you even with youth on her side.

2) Don't pick the player who has the worse record on grass in singles at Wimbledon than anyone in the top 50.
She isn't all of a sudden going to play well on grass just because she's only playing half the court.

3)Play with someone you enjoy playing with but is actually good on the surface.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,720 Posts
It doesn't sound as formidable as Ruano Pascal/Suarez did, but it sounds a hundred times more promising that Groenefeld/Suarez, that's for sure.

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is a rough middle ending for Paola. After winning Auckland in January with Husarova, she has not played well, or paired very well. This disaster at Roland Garros being eliminated in the first round of singles qualifying, doubles, and mixed doubles has made us her fans very sad. I don't know how well Garbin plays on grass but Wimbleton is the only GS that Paola is missing in doubles, granted if she wins it is not with Vivi. Let's hope she does much better in the final two GS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts