Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
The dream is over.

I don't know why Wimbledon can't provide basic stats on qualie matches, they're just a function of the point-by-point scores they already provide, surely. But they don't, at least not as far as I can see.

But at least for the times where I was watching the live score, Gabi was generally holding serve but making no impact on the Smitkova delivery.

Smitkova d. G. Taylor 6-3 6-4

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Ah well. Still a good experience.

I suppose she'll be playing the junior tournament? I don't think she'd be a DE, but surely she'd get a WC.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Ah well. Still a good experience.

I suppose she'll be playing the junior tournament? I don't think she'd be a DE, but surely she'd get a WC.
It would be surprising if she weren't and I'm sure a WC is there for the asking.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
So it turns out Gabby's QR2 avenger went onto qualify and reach the 4th round. Really puts it into perspective. Hopefully she has a good junior Wimby.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
The dream is over.

I don't know why Wimbledon can't provide basic stats on qualie matches, they're just a function of the point-by-point scores they already provide, surely. But they don't, at least not as far as I can see.

But at least for the times where I was watching the live score, Gabi was generally holding serve but making no impact on the Smitkova delivery.

Smitkova d. G. Taylor 6-3 6-4
I think it has to do with the fact that the qualification matches take place in Roehampton, and not at Wimbledon.

Excited about this girl's prospects. :hearts:

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Are we doing this here or in the JW thread?:)

Badosa blows really hot and cold. In her first dropped service game, she shanked her first serve and it barely hit the grass before hitting the back stop. Second serve also shanked.

Gabi dropped her serve at *4-3, but has just broken to serve for it at *6-5 0-15.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Questionable call brings up SP to Badosa. Which I didn't see, but was probably taken with an ace from the sound of it.

Gabi 6-7(5) *0-0 :(

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I didn't watch that second set, but Badosa saves 2BP then finishes it off with an ace. What, it was a let? Oh well, Gabi loses it with a UE:(. Gabi had her chances in that match, but loses in straight sets.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Lost (5)6-7 4-6 :sad: :hug:

I liked the fact that she didn't create much drama and seemed very level-headed and just got on with it. As opposed to Gibert who seemed a bit of a drama queen.

Gabi reminds me a bit of Tara in a way, a very similar build, both prefer their FH and struggle a bit on serve.

41 - 60 of 353 Posts