Tennis Forum banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Hoping Gabby can get back to where she was and beyond.

Too good for this slump.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Watching Gabi's Q2 match and she's playing well - great groundstrokes, shot selection. Her ball toss and serve, however, is an utter nightmare and is costing her the match.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Lost 6-4 7-6. Had a set point in the second but struggled throughout with the serve. Competed pretty well I thought and is better then her ranking.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Gabi has been playing the Antalya 15Ks the last couple of weeks.

Lost in the final yesterday, 0-6 0-3 ret. She's in the qualie list for the Nantes 60K but if she's unwell/injured, surely won't be there.

And she isn't. But, surprise!, she has a WC and is top seed for this week's Antalya 15K. Is this legal, or is she going to get zero-pointed?

EDIT: or is this just a late withdrawal from Nantes that for some reason isn't showing for me on the ITF site:(?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nantes Qualifying Sign-In Deadline:Sun, 27 Oct before 18.00 (6 pm) local time. She would not have been able to make that.

There were 3 byes in the qualifying draw so the alternates must have gone elsewhere too.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Just wondering what the sanction is for a late withdrawal. Is there one?
Rules are on the ITF site, under pro->about->rules & regs.

Direct link to latest: https://www.itftennis.com/media/313126/313126.pdf

p. 161 ff. seem relevant. Under Code of Conduct III. B. 1. does Gabi meet clause a) or (less plausibly to me) clause b)? I'd have thought not, but I could very well be wrong, and if I'm wrong, she's in the clear completely. Otherwise, she gets fined.
Violation of this section shall result in a fine up to $1,000.
Presumably "up to" usually means something significantly less than, but who decides? Maybe I shouldn't even have looked at the rules if I am not willing (as I am not) to spend enough time and energy to understand them.

3. iii. seems to legitimise her participation in this week's 15K without excusing the late withdrawal (if there was one).

Anyhow, Gabi retired in R2 of this week's event, so not looking like a good idea to play it:(.

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
Instagram Stories

341 - 355 of 355 Posts