Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1042 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gabriela Dabrowski is the "petit as" winner !!! she is a really good player !!! maybe after some years we can find her in the wta tour and we will can bet for her !!! affaire a suivre !!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Pretty good performances from this 18yr old recently.
She beat Molik in the ITF in Vancouver last week.
Today, she beat Cohen-Aloro in the first round of qualifying in Montreal 63 62.
SHe's currently ranked #694.
Anyone know much about her?

·
Registered
385 Posts
She is one of the best juniors. She won Orange Bowl 2009.

·
Registered
352 Posts
(3)Olga Puchkova (RUS) v Lateefa Brown (USA)
Skylar Alexandra Morton (USA) v Yolande Leacock (TRI)

Lizeth Ramirez (COL) v Sonya Latycheva (CAN)
(10)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) v Anastasia Kharchenko (UKR)

Qualification draw at the 25k Plantation! Good luck Gabby (and Sonya)!

·
Registered
352 Posts
After a pretty rough start to the year, Gabriela got a wild card into Charleston qualies. She won one round and is at a new career high of #482. She now qualified for the 25k Osprey where she'll face Caroline Garcia in the first round. Good luck and Happy Belated 19th Birthday!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes, hopefully before she has to defend her points from the Canadian ITFs. Hopefully she got some confidence from the quali win, she was a pretty good junior and I didn't expect her to struggle this much.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,402 Posts
Dabrowski has potential, it's more mental than anything else in my opinion.

Seen her play many times through the years, and she's always been a great athlete. Moves very well, solid game and competent moving forward as well. Only thing that held her back was her emotions, getting tight in pressure situations of a match. I think the fact that she didn't get a ton of international experience may have hindered her some in terms of getting that match play in and really learning to play through some of that, but she's shown improvement with confidence. I hope she will give the pro circuit a try for at least through 2012 to see where she's at. The American challengers early in the year are always tough especially trying to come through some of the big qualifying draws where you have a mix of good juniors and veteran pros battling it out there.

·
Registered
352 Posts
75k Phoenix

Q1: (3)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. Asia Muhammed (USA) 63 62
Q2: (3)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. Jacqueline Cako (USA) 63 62
QFR: (3)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. Romana Tedjakusuma (INA) 63 62

1R: (Q)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. (6)Alexa Glatch (USA) 46 62 62
2R: (Q)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. (Q)Kristie Ahn (USA) 61 62
QF: (Q)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) d. (4)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) 63 62
SF: (Q)Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) vs. (8) Maria Sanchez (USA)

Nice job ;). I was a bit worried when her 50k final points came off, but then she goes and makes the semis at a 75k. Seems like a weirdly awesome last tournament each year is becoming a tradition. Should reach a new career high too. Nice to see her still plugging away. She's also ranked 138 in doubles currently. Good luck vs. Sanchez; if she wins she'll break the top 300.

1 - 20 of 1042 Posts