Group Rose

2# Piper Elliot

4# Anita Slijngaard

6# Sienna Campbell

8# Sabine Graf

Alternates

1# Vittoria Perez

2# Oksana Mikhailova

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Send NEW HARD POINTS (Cap of 115 points on HARD) to @Nikarock by WEDNESDAY, 23rd of October 2019 by 8 PM (US Eastern Standard Time)

* You can send in a different set of points for each match and you can change your points for the semifinals and finals again.

·
Registered
23,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Doubles Draw

Group Azalea

1# Alexandra Anastadis
/ Ariana Salvatore

3# Ysaline Fletcher
/ Anete Karklina

5# Miranda Frost
/ Vittoria Perez

Group Bougainvillea

2# Anna Barbosa
/ Tina Faye-Falcon

4# Chantal Chan
/ Oksana Mikhailova

6# Nastya Korobkina
/ Zivka Zabokrecina

·
Registered
23,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWTT B-CHAMPIONSHIPS
2018 - Rachel-Anne Canterbury (NZL) def. Shaitan Reinga (NZL) 7-6(0) 4-6 7-5
2017 - Sabine Graf (GER) def. Anna Barbosa (POL) 6-3 6-2
2016 - Sabine Graf (GER) def. Oksana Mikhailova (RUS) 6-4 1-6 6-3
2015 -
Nadia Banaszek (BLR) def. Marteena Huubere (AUS) 6-4 3-6 7-6(4)
2014 - Pamela Bowden (NED) def. Anna Konnikova (RUS) 6-4 1-6 6-3
2013 - Selima Valentine (GER) def. Sylvie Bailly (FRA) 2-6 6-4 7-5
2012 - Berenika Wojnarowska-Wisniewska (POL) def. Vittoria Pérez (ESP) 7-5 7-6(2)
2011 - Siri Cornetsson (SWE) def. Alijah Pemovic (AUS) 6-7(4) 7-6(6) 7-5
2010 - Marteena Huubere (AUS) def. Ella Felivitch (CZE) 7-6(2) 3-6 6-3
2009 - Anastasia Nemayeva (RUS) def. Nadia Banaszek (BLR) 6-1 7-6

FWTT B-CHAMPIONSHIPS
2018 - Abdiakova/Park def. Malygina/Slijngaard 7-5 6-4

·
Registered
23,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Schedule

Wednesday, October 23rd: Round-Robin Matches Singles and Doubles

Thursday, October 24th: Round-Robin Matches Singles and Doubles

Friday, October 25th: Round-Robin Matches Singles and Doubles

Saturday, October 26th: Semifinals Singles and Doubles

Sunday, October 27th: Finals Singles and Doubles

·
Registered
23,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Group Standings - Singles - Day 2

Group Camellia

1) Elliot Carebear 2-0 4-2 33-31
2) Soo-Jung Park 1-1 3-3 29-30
3) Zivka Zabokrecina 1-1 3-3 25-26
4) Ariana Salvatore 0-2 2-4 28-28

Group Rose

1) Piper Elliot 2-0 4-2 28-27
2) Sabine Graf 1-1 3-2 27-21
3) Anita Slijngaard 1-1 2-3 21-27
4) Sienna Campbell 0-2 2-4 27-28

·
Registered
23,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Group Standings - Doubles - Day 2

Group Azalea

1) Frost/Perez 1-0 2-1 18-17
2) Salvatore/Anastadis 0-1 1-2 17-18
3) Fletcher/Karklina 0-0 0-0 0-0

Group Bougainvillea

1) Barbosa/Falcon 1-0 2-1 16-15
2) Korobkina/Zabokrecina 0-1 1-2 15-16
3) Chan/Mikhailova 0-0 0-0 0-0

·
Registered
358 Posts
PARK ARRIVES IN ZHUHAI

Soojung Park arrives at Zhuhai Jinwan Airport today.

South Korean teenager Soojung Park arrived in Zhuhai today to take part in the 2019 Hengqin Life FWTT Elite Trophy.

The 18-year-old from Seoul is the top-seed at the event and playing for the second-consecutive year, she reached the semifinals in 2018. Park has had a stellar year, reaching five finals (including her first Premier Mandatory in Indian Wells and at home in Seoul) and finally won her second FWTT singles title in Mallorca.

We chat to Park at the Zhuhai Jinwan Airport.

Q: How are you feeling? You excited to play again in Zhuhai?

Park: Yes, of course. It great to play here. It’s also means the season nearly over. Nearly holiday time.

Q: Are you looking forward to off season?

Park: Yes, yes, yes. It been long season, I am ready yes for a holiday, a break. So yes just two more events to go.

Q: Where are you holidaying?

Park: Maldives, perfect place to relax, do not thing. But first, I go home to Seoul and Busan to see all family and friend, then two weeks away, and the back to train for 2020.

Q: No plans for any exhibitions?

Park: No, no way. I so am tired and need break from Tour. Relax, re-charge.

Q: Zhuhai and then Shenzhen, you get to play both! A great end to season?

Park: Well yes. I am happy to be here but really Shenzhen would have been better for singles and doubles; i was close. I play here and then just doubles in Shenzhen but this means, i can be cheerleader for my friend Maria and I hope she can lift title, she play so good in 2019.

Q: Soojung, how describe your 2019?

Park: Up and down. Highs yes at Mallorca, Roland Garros, make Top 10 but lows also losing many finals and of course in Seoul and losing early in other Slams. I have lots to work on.

Q: Finally, Soojung, hopes for 2020?

Park: To win more. Of course Tokyo Olympics is big goal, especially hopefully will play doubles there with my sister Soojin.

·
Registered
23,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Singles and Doubles Draws up :D

You can send in a different set of points for all your opponents in both singles and doubles and you will can change your points again for the semifinals and finals :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Can't believe it's going to be last tournament of the season for me.

"Ariana and Alexa booked a private jet to fly directly from Moscow and are expected to arrive soon and go straight to the practice courts. Article to follow later."

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Salvatore opens up about first season on tour ahead of Elite Trophy
The 16yo Brazilian attended an event from her clothing sponsor and a sat down with our team to answer some questions and interact with fans.

Q.: Hi Ariana, thanks for being here with us. First of all, you arrived from Moscow, went into practice and still found time to be here. Aren’t you tired?
(laughs)
AS:
YES. But I feel it is important to keep the rhythm. At the same time I want to go to bed and sleep for 3 days, I think about all the fun things I could do here in Zhuhai and also there’s so much I need to improve in my game before the tournament starts, so some practice is very much needed. Next week, I’ll have all the time in the world to rest.

Q.: What do you expect from this tournament?
AS:
I hope I can enjoy the matches and give my best out there. Do I want to win the title? Obviously, in singles or doubles, it would be great and a perfect finish to the season.

Q.: Are you happy with your results and ranking so far?
AS:
About singles, yes. I started playing later in the season and managed to finish #11 in the Race, which is good enough for me. Obviously, I missed the Australian Open and 2 PMs, so there’s 3 zero pointers adding to my ranking right now. On the other hand, it means I can keep playing without the pressure of defending points up to April, which is good. As for doubles, I still think there’s lot of room for improvement.

Q.: How’s the partnership with Anastidis going?
AS:
It’s been great and we support each other a lot, so I’m sure we’ll find our way to greater results soon, maybe even here.

Moderation: Question from fans now, please.

Q.: Which tournament did you enjoy the most?
AS:
French Open, even though I didn’t do that well. It was on clay, there was a great atmosphere and I love Paris.

Q.: After Wimbledon, you went into a 7-match losing streak. How did you manage to overcome that?
AS:
I decided to look back to the clay season and think about what made me have some good results, you know, go back to basics. I was trying too much and sometimes you don’t need to overthink strategies.

Q.: Who will you be supporting in Shenzhen?
AS:
Ugh, I can’t choose. Honestly, I would love to see half of the girls winning. But I can say who I think is going to win: Bianka Harlow.

Moderation: Final question, please.

Q.: Are you and Piper Elliot still friends?
AS:
I haven’t talked to her since Beijing. It has come to my attention she’s been bragging about her Premier titles. I mean, it’s not like she wasn’t helped by the fact that she won Zhengzhou in a week we had 3 simultaneous events and competition was weaker, right? When she reaches a Premier Mandatory final beating 4 top10 players, she can talk about my MMs. I’m not sure if she is close to doing that now. Anyways, we’ll probably meet in the locker room this week and see what happens. Thank you everyone. See you on court!

·
Registered
23,082 Posts
Uhm, since you brought up my Zhengzhou title, I beat three former or current No1s back to back :hug:

It's ok, I still love you hun :hug:

·
Registered
111 Posts
LI ANNOUNCE COMEBACK

Today at press conference in Zhuhai Chinese player Li Bingjie announce comeback to the FWT Tour.

17 year old already won two Grand Slam in 2018 at doubles in French Open and at mixed at US Open but miss 2019 because injury.

“I am excited comeback and can’t wait to play”

1 - 20 of 83 Posts