1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is committed to:

Doha (she could be seeded seventh!)

State Farm Classic

Too bad she isn't playing more tournaments. Do you think she will play Dubai?

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Maybe it will work out to Iva's advantage that she's not playing too many tournis because it will give that should some rest. I just really hope she stays healthy for the rest of the year and gets that ranking back up where it should be!!! Good luck Iva!!!

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
If she is playing Doha, maybe she will play Dubai?

I remember last year her trip to the Middle East was hampered by injury and she had to retire against Kruger...hopefully her shoulder isnt bothering her too much...I am worried after she withdrew from Tokyo, a tournament she rarely misses.

Should be interesting to see Iva's commitments the next few weeks. Personally, Id like to see her play both Doha and Dubai.

:)

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Croat123, you beat me to it! :eek:

I see Iva on the Dubai commitment list....I'm assuming she'll play there. She's also committed to Indian Wells the weeks of March 4th and 11th. :D

Where is the State Farm Classic? :confused:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Goooo Iva :bounce:....add some more titles to an already "grand slam winning" career :bounce:

Go Iva...we all know you can get back into the top 10

The talent is there...you can do it :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Iva....enjoy your middle eastern swing (and lets get some victories on the board ;))

:bounce::bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Linnie's Tennis Corner site has...

Iva committed to:

Indian Wells (#36)
Sarasota- I will hopefully get to see her!!!! (#21)
Amelia Island (#35)
Charleston (#34)

So it looks like one more hard court tourni and then Iva's clay court season can begin!!!! Yeah!!!! I think the clay will favor Iva and be much more forgiving on her body!!!! Good luck in all these tournis!!!!! I hope she wins them all!!! Wouldn't that be nice!?!?!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Is Iva definitely confirmed for Indian Wells?

I suspect we'll have to wait for the official draw to be sure. In any event I hope her shoulder is fully healed before she returns. If she needs to rest it a few more weeks and scrap IW and Miami, so be it.

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
Well if she is playiing IW I wish her all the best naturally ;) ...and we should throw one ofthese in too :fiery: for good luck ;)

ANyway, as Ed said if it means resting the shoulder and missing IW and Miami, so be it! BUt Im confident she'll be there :)

GO IVA!

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Wow-what a schedule!!!!!

Iva is committing to everything!!!She has a great chance to move her ranking way up!!!!! GO DIVA!!!!

Her clay court commitments don't skip a week!

Sarasota, the week before last (Lost to Leon Garcia 6-4 in the third 1st Round)
Amelia Island, last week (Blasted Amanda and had her chances against Conchita)
Charleston, this week (In the 3rd round, defending 3rd round points, but great results so far over Lamde and Mikaelian!!!)
Bol!!!!! Next week (12th seeded, and I think she'll win this one!!!!! Defending no points this week- and the hometown advantage will hopefully help her!!!)
Berlin, the week after Bol (Seeded #1 in Qualifying for now..., defending 1st round points)
Rome, the week after Berlin (Currently 8th seeded in Qualifying..defending 1st round points)
And of course Roland Garros, right after Rome!!!! (Her ranking can climb by this point!!! Go to the Top 32 please Iva!!!! Lots of time to move up before FO '02!!!! And lots of damage to be done there too!!!!)
Good luck in all your present and future tournis Iva!!!!

;) :bounce: :hearts: :bounce: ;)

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
It looks very possible that Iva will break the Top 20 before RG!!!! I can't believe I'm writing this!!!! It's like a dream!!!!! She really should win tomorrow and I think this title is hers for the taking!!!! That should be enough for a Top 20 ranking or at least close to it. I am still waiting for someone to respond to a thread I started in General Messages and calculate her points to date from Bol. Iva is playing so well right now!!! I'm so happy!!!! She will just add to her ranking from Berlin and Rome. She'll be ready to tear through the field at RG!!!! Go IVA- on to RG title #2!!!! You heard it here first!!!!!

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
OK, now I've got it!!! Iva will win against Prusova (sticking pins in voodoo doll now) and get to the final. That should put her at #27 and after she wins this tourni she'll go to #25!!!!!!! AMAZING ISN"T IT!?!?!?!??!

Since she's defending only 1st round points at both Berlin and Rome, she should move up the rankings even further from these tournis. We need to hope for good draws, a healthy DIVA, and some amazing wins over Top players in the later rounds of these tournis. Iva is in such a great position to do well at RG!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts