Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know someone who wants to play future tournaments in poland - but i really have no idea if there are any tournaments or not.

and i really don't know much about this future tour...

who can help me?

are these future tournaments something like the challenger tournaments???

btw: what does mean itf???

martin.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
. Yes these tournaments are like chaliengers.These tournaments are only for young players who are starting to play as professionals. ITF stands for internationa tennis federation which is who runs these tournaments. There are several professional satellites and futures in Poland includingin Szczecin,Olecko,Warsaw,Opole,Touron. If your friend was a good junior player she should go to the polish tennis federation or the itf for information on turning professional. If she is Polish it may be easier for her to get wild card's into qualifying at these tournaments or even a wild card into a main draw.I hope this has helped you and whatever happens keep me informed.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx a lot, selesfan1. that helped me much. but this player is male. and it's not really one of my friends. he only asked for help on another message board.

that's what he wrote:

My name is Gustavo Gómez. I played tennis for East Teennesse State<br />University as #1 of the team during the last four years. After finnishing my<br />university carreer last May I came to France where I am playing tournaments<br />in the FTA being ranked -30 in this country. My interest now is to play ATP<br />Future tournaments. I have been told that in Poland some Future tournaments<br />are being organize in the near future. I will greatly appreciate if you<br />could send me detailed information about.

[email protected]

i am sure that you canwrite him.and yes, wouldn't it be cool to seeif he can improve???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts