Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just wondering who all of us will root for once monica has retired, since she won't play forever (although i know she would if she could). i, for one am in a particluar bind since monica is really the only one that i follow on an extremely consistent basis.

my prospects
dokic- fiesty, and i dont think weve seen the best from her
dani- same as dokic, lol
sharapova- im intrigued by all this grunting and press.
sprem- on the rise, and like monica
bartoli- DUH, hopefully she straightens some stuff out.

what do you guys think?

btw, monica will always be my #1, im just interested.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Probably no one. I'm really a fan of Monica, rather than women's tennis in general, because there's just no other athlete quite like her. I'd probably have followed her no matter what sport she played, and when she retires I don't see myself being that interested in tennis any more.

We'll see.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Kim Clijsters, without question. She's the only one of the 'youngsters' (she's still only 19) who comes close to Monica in fighting spirit, class, and personality. Just wish she'd finally win that first Grand Slam singles title, for her sake (though not at the expense of Monica!)....

Hi Selestials! :)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I think I'll be rooting for Sharapova, Sprem, and Bartoli...They all seem to have very nice games and personalities.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
I used to cheer for Hingis and Seles and then Martina retired! :sad: When Monica retires, I don't see myself being as interested as I once was. I'll still follow results, but not so regularly and with such interest as I do now. Plus, it's different(the emotions you experience) when a favourite is playing.

·
Registered
24,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will definitely be a difficult transition... monica is my first favorite, when i first watched tennis. i mean, who can replace any aspect of her? probably no one. although, my interest is kinda growing in some of these other girls that are coming along quite nicely. hopefully ill have so new players to root for soon, but i hope even more that monica could enjoy playing a little longer.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,728 Posts
Spirit said:
Probably no one. I'm really a fan of Monica, rather than women's tennis in general, because there's just no other athlete quite like her. I'd probably have followed her no matter what sport she played, and when she retires I don't see myself being that interested in tennis any more.

We'll see.
Same here. There won't be another Monica and I might just dissappear from the tennis scene after Monica retires. Of course of love tennis and will play and watch whenever I can but I won't be obsessed like I am now. The same thing will happen to me with figure skating when Michelle Kwan retires.

·
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
67,911 Posts
No one will replace Monica in my heart once she's gone.I can follow other players but the excitement will never be so big as for Monica.I'll root for Daniilidou (my 2nd fave),Mauresmo,Conchita,Venus and Rubin.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
it will definitely be a difficult transition... monica is my first favorite, when i first watched tennis. i mean, who can replace any aspect of her? probably no one. although, my interest is kinda growing in some of these other girls that are coming along quite nicely. hopefully ill have so new players to root for soon, but i hope even more that monica could enjoy playing a little longer.
There will be no transition for me. Monica is it. After Monica retires (and I am praying that is still awhile away), I guess I will just focus on my tennis.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
veronika said:
There are too many questions/There is not one solution/There is no resurrection/There is so much confusion/And the love perfusion/You make me feel/You make me know/And the love vibration/You make me feel/You make it shine/There are too many options/There is no consolation/I have lost my illusions/What I want is an explanation....
(Madonna)
I love your signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

"No ones telling me how to live my life but it's a setup - and I'm just fed up. Its no good when your misunderstood so why should I care - what the world thinks of me. Wont let a stranger, give me a social dizease."

·
Registered
752 Posts
no one will replace MONICA , not now, not in the future and i doubt ever will......MONICA mean TENNIS for me, so after Monica retire I will retire from watching Tennis too.....only MONICA can wake me up during the nights to watch the French, Wimbledon and US open......i don't want Monica to retire just yet, i still want to watch my MONICA play Tennis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts