Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
"How would she know what it’s like to be number one?" -Steffi Graf (After comments from Gabriela Sabatini who said Steffi lost the confidience of being #1) You go Steffi

“I watched Serena and Venus play, and they’re not that good. They’ve been given more attention than me and they don’t know how to play points..." - Anna K-How wrong she was!!

Interviewer: 'Lindsay, Anna said she had trouble adjusting to the wind. She said that if that weren't a factor she would have won today'.
Lindsay: 'She can say whatever she wants. The point is I'm into the next round and she's in the hotel room packing'.- This one is timeless :bounce:

·
Registered
322 Posts
joeslim said:
Interviewer: 'Lindsay, Anna said she had trouble adjusting to the wind. She said that if that weren't a factor she would have won today'.
Lindsay: 'She can say whatever she wants. The point is I'm into the next round and she's in the hotel room packing'.- This one is timeless :bounce:
This is why I love Lindsay Davenport!

·
Banned
114 Posts
"im going to kick her ass"

sesil karatancheva on maria sharapova. minutes later, sharapova won 61 60

·
Registered
35,853 Posts
joeslim said:
:lol: Lindsay:worship:

She's got a couple of other great ones as well.

Wimbledon '98

Interviewer: Any comments on Serena's retirement from her match the other day?

Lindsay: I saw that match against Ruano-Pascual and it was a little fishy to me. She was moving well and then she just stopped. I don't think she was hurt at all. She was getting her ass kicked. I thought she was a complete wimp about it. I played her in mixed doubles the next day and she was diving for balls, so yeah...you do the math.

Wimbledon '99 doubles final on court.

Lindsay: The netcord machine isn't working.
Ref: I don't see a problem with it.
Lindsay: Are you kidding? My serve just hit the net and nothing happened. Can you turn it off?
Ref: We'll stay with it. It's working fine in my opinion.
Lindsay: HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! I just hit two straight serves on the netcord and...(smacks the netcord as hard as she can with her racket and nothing happens) SEE?! It doesn't work!

Serena at Wimby '00.

Interviewer: 33 minutes to move through today, Serena. What took longer? The match or your hair?
Serena: You want the truth? My hair (laughs).

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
CoryAnnAvants#1 said:
:lol: Lindsay:worship:

She's got a couple of other great ones as well.

Wimbledon '98

Interviewer: Any comments on Serena's retirement from her match the other day?

Lindsay: I saw that match against Ruano-Pascual and it was a little fishy to me. She was moving well and then she just stopped. I don't think she was hurt at all. She was getting her ass kicked. I thought she was a complete wimp about it. I played her in mixed doubles the next day and she was diving for balls, so yeah...you do the math.
:rolleyes: mad because Serena beat her in mixed doubles!

Wimbledon '99 doubles final on court.

Lindsay: The netcord machine isn't working.
Ref: I don't see a problem with it.
Lindsay: Are you kidding? My serve just hit the net and nothing happened. Can you turn it off?
Ref: We'll stay with it. It's working fine in my opinion.
Lindsay: HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! I just hit two straight serves on the netcord and...(smacks the netcord as hard as she can with her racket and nothing happens) SEE?! It doesn't work!
Go Lindsay! :bounce:

Serena at Wimby '00.

Interviewer: 33 minutes to move through today, Serena. What took longer? The match or your hair?
Serena: You want the truth? My hair (laughs).
love it! :hearts: :kiss: :lol: :lol: :worship:

·
Foo Fighters
9,056 Posts
joeslim said:
"Interviewer: 'Lindsay, Anna said she had trouble adjusting to the wind. She said that if that weren't a factor she would have won today'.
:lol: this quote is great!!!

·
63,590 Posts
2002 PACIFIC LIFE OPEN
INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

March 8, 2002

N. DECHY/K. Clijsters
6-2, 7-5

Q. Kim (Clijsters) told us because she has an ear infection, she couldn't hear the ball bounce. Wouldn't that be an enormous handicap to a tennis player, not being able to hear the ball bounce?

NATHALIE DECHY: Yes, and not being able to see the ball also, I guess (laughter).

Classic! :haha:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
24,118 Posts
I love Lindsay's but on a personnal level, this one from Silvia always makes me laugh because it so isnt/wasnt true :sad:

'I believe in myself and I think I can win. Why not dream a little?'

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Tennis player quotes are even funnier and stupider when taken completely out of context. ;) :p

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
AlexSydney said:
2002 PACIFIC LIFE OPEN
INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

March 8, 2002

N. DECHY/K. Clijsters
6-2, 7-5

Q. Kim (Clijsters) told us because she has an ear infection, she couldn't hear the ball bounce. Wouldn't that be an enormous handicap to a tennis player, not being able to hear the ball bounce?

NATHALIE DECHY: Yes, and not being able to see the ball also, I guess (laughter).
:haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Roland Garros 2005

Q. I read in some information that you used to like a lot Pippi Longstocking? I also like it. I buy to my niece.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe we should start a book club

·
Registered
46 Posts
Martina Hingis to Lindsay Davenport "Do you want me to serve or do you want me to break you"

Venus Williams on speculation that her father orchestrates results when she plays her sister: "It's not a true opinion at all.''

"We've got hundreds of kids like her back home."
(Tracy Austin on young Steffi Graf, press conference Filderstadt 1982)

"It's a faster, more athletic game. She is old now. ... Her time has passed."
(Martina Hingis on Steffi Graf in the July 1998 issue of "Tennis")

“I’ve never played in an audience that wasn’t for me. The day will come and I’ll be prepared.” -Venus

Venus should go straight to the Hall of Fame. She’s going to be there anyway, so why waste time?” -Richard Williams

"I'm glad you're doing this story on us and not on the WNBA. We're so much prettier than all the other women in sports."
(Martina Hingis)

Pam Shriver: (interviewing Navratilova) Martina, you've had some great memories on Louis Armstrong stadium over your career. Are there any memories on this court that are particularly painful?
Martina Navratilova: Yeah. Losing to you, bitch!

·
Team WTAworld, canis sapiens sapiens
4,495 Posts
It's ATP, and it's been posted before but it's a classic. After a loss against Moya at the US Open, a journalist asked Todd Martin: "Where are you physically?" and he answered: "Physically? I'm right here. Do you want to know where I am metaphysically?".

1 - 20 of 138 Posts