Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to late entry, Marion will play qualies in Ponte Vedra, like Francesca Schiavone in Hobart 2009 and Agnes Szavay in Bogota 2009. She needs to play ties and has nothing to lose. Just play and have fun.

Waiting for the draw.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
I heard she got a WC:confused:

·
From island to island
12,604 Posts
The funny thing is that both Francesca & Agnes lost into the qualies they got into.
Watch out Marion :lol::help:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marion's qualifying draw in Ponte Vedra beach :

[1][WC] Bartoli vs. Albanese
Panova vs. [WC] Pegula
Stevenson vs. Jozami
Osterloh vs. Karatantcheva

Have fun and play.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I don't why she wasn't given a main draw WC :eek:

Good luck :kiss:

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I'd love it if she got to play Stevenson :lol:

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
There HAS to be something wrong with her health wise.
She should not be playing tennis.

·
From island to island
12,604 Posts
Yeah that's what Im telling myself. If the point was to embarrass herself, I think she shouldn't have bothered asking a QWC in Ponte Vedra. Tsss, will she ever stop having those inexplicable slumps during her seasons?

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
WHAT THE HELL. Im scared. It must be the mono back again... :(

I hate this. She looks likely to win the second set, 4-2 up, but losing a set 6-1 to a player ranked 170? It must be something.

·
From island to island
12,604 Posts
Tie-break time. Marion failed to close the set at 5-3. Theoretically her experience should prevail.
Allez... You're too good for this cr*p Marion.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
It really does, doesn't it? :sad:
Even if she does win this match, she has no chance against a better player.

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
Im not looking forward to her having to play 3 in a row just to make the 1st round. Then she could get someone like Wozniacki or Cibulkova... :unsure: It must be the mono, but i suppose we wont know because she barely lets on.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
The problem is, she loves tennis too much.

She plays when, honestly, she shouldn't be. She was injured at the FO last year. She played hampered at the YEC 07, and we all know what happened there.

I admire Walter. He has done a lot for her, but he also messes her up too. He's always messing about with her serve (12 double faults in this match) or with her body shape, and it's not good for her. She never has that secure game.

I want the 07 Marion back. The one who could hit as little as 4 errors per set, the one who usually had such a high first serve percentage. Yes, she had some shock losses back then, but that year was still the most consistent she has ever been.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
As long as she is winning....but whatever it is, sort it out! She had an encouraging start to the year, don't go down that road again :sad:

1 - 20 of 297 Posts