Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Thanks for the schedule. I like it a lot. I think that they did a good job in the summer to make sure that players will both play in the tour hardcourt events as well as the Olympics. I'm glad they upgraded San Diego to a tier 1 and I'm glad that they added some smaller tiered tournaments on hardcourts in the summer so that lower ranked hardcourters get the opportunity to enter tour tournaments and win them like the claycourters are able to.

·
Registered
55,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now it's official from the WTA Tour. From next year BOTH Doha & Dubai will be Tier II and Dubai will now be played first and the following week will be Doha. :)

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Thanks Spiceboy! :D

·
Banned
232 Posts
Yes, Doha bought out Scottsdale... and that makes the schedule much better. There was no need for Antwerp/Doha/Memphis all in one week.

No other noticeable changes, except Japan Open will be the week of Filderstadt, which is a better decision... but now Moscow and Zurich will be back-to-back. I don't like that Tier I's should be like that.

·
Registered
55,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
* Princess * said:
Yes, Doha bought out Scottsdale... and that makes the schedule much better. There was no need for Antwerp/Doha/Memphis all in one week.
Well now it's Antwerp/Memphis/Hyderabad in the same week ;)

After Australia the season looks like this:

Week 5 Tokyo

Week 6 Paris

Week 7 Antwerp/Memphis/Hyderabad

Week 8 Dubai/Bogotá

Week 9 Doha/Acapulco

week 10-11 Indian Wells

week 12-13 Miami

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.