Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Palicot for these. I thought some American readers might be interested in these results. I'm hoping for a Llewellyn V Falcon final. I'm almost certain to attend this tournament's final on Saturday instead of the Winchester junior tournament, having seen the interesting draw here.

2nd round results

(1) Melissa Berry d. Q Victoria Simpson 6-2, 6-0
Q Lara Fakhoury d. (7) Katie Miles 3-6, 6-3, 6-4

(4) Rebecca Llewellyn d. Q Lynsey Davison 7-6(4), 6-3
Q Caroline Goldring d. (6) Katherine Laidler 6-1, 6-3

Q Camelia Todorova USA d. (5) Rebacca Rankin 7-6(3), 6-3
(3) Annabel Youthed d. Q Jenny Broughall 6-2, 6-1

(8) Megan Falcon USA d. Charlotte Wallace 6-1, 6-2
(2) Chantal Coombs d. Q Katy Williams 6-2, 6-4

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quarter-final results

Q Lara Fakhoury d. (1) Melissa Berry 6-3 6-3
(4) Rebecca Llewellyn d. Q Caroline Goldring 6-1 6-3

(3) Annabel Youthed d. Q Camelia Todorova USA 6-2 7-5
(8) Megan Falcon USA d. (2) Chantal Coombs 6-3 6-2

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Semifinals:

Llewellyn BT Fakhoury 6-1, 6-3
Falcon BT Youthed 6-1, 6-2

I'll be going to the final, which is at 10:30 tomorrow morning. So I'll be able to post some photos tomorrow afternoon. Should be a exciting final.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Final:

Megan Falcon (USA) BEAT Rebecca Llewellyn (GB) 6-2, 6-4

I'll be posting the photos I took of this match this evening, once I've had to chance to upload them to my PC.

Despite Rebecca's fighting spirit, at times (especially in the 1st set) Megan really did look in a different class. Rebecca's best chance came when she broke Megan's serve in the first game of the second set, but then Megan broke back straight away. Both players struggled with their first serve, but Megan's 2nd serve is better than Rebecca's.

·
Premium Member
182,610 Posts
well done Megan :)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Oh Becky!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jojoseph, according to my info she won £350 for the tournament, but I don't know what the current exchange rate is. Stupidly, the mens winner got £525 even though the draw was of a much lower standard.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
bluepastures said:
Jojoseph, according to my info she won £350 for the tournament, but I don't know what the current exchange rate is. Stupidly, the mens winner got £525 even though the draw was of a much lower standard.
Yeah, the important thing is that she starts winning stuff, IMO. Doesn't really matter what it is, I think.

That worked out really well that she won on her birthday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks for posting this info and pics. i am Megan's Uncle and we follow her from Baton Rouge and thanks to you to England. Appreciate your kind remarks about her game. Thanks again from Bayou Country. Masher

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.