Registered
2,781 Posts
MY PAW :sad: :sad: :sad:
Better Luck next time for myself :sad: :sad: :sad:
And for Kurhajcova too :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
YES MARY. now you and Sharapova both win your semifinal match so i can watch you battle it out for the title

·
Banned
1 Posts
been there....

Hey guys,

Today i had the chance to see the whole day session. I arrived just in time for Sharapova's match ( yeah....i'm a dude ), but the match between Seguera ( spell ? ) and Bartoli wasn't quite finished yet.

Although i forgot my glasses ( that was a stupid move...), i could tell that Seguera really, and i mean really... had a tiny shape. Yet, she managed to hit out with Bartoli who's supposedly known for her groundies.

Not only did Seguera finished the third set without any sings of choking, but she also showed Quebec city what a fabulous shotmaker she is.
I mean, whenever she had time to set up her shots, u would have Bartoli running side to side and ultimatly, missing wide or long.

I usually write ( in french ) on men's tennis, but every time the Challenge Bell is on...of course, i switch, since it's in my hometown. Troughout the year, i keep in touch with women's tennis so that i'm educated for this event, which is really well organized by the way.

Anyways, the Sharapova match didn't blossom into anything, but a crush-kill-detroy display of tennis. That poor russian gal ( the other one ) was hitting very freely on the warmup, in fact she really seemed talented. But......i should have known better...Sharapova was just too strong. With all do respect, we are far from the Hingis-like relentless type of play, but Sharapova hits rockets....and still, manages to be pretty consistent with her always-Ho-So-powerfull groundstrokes.

The other match opposing Granville and Zhiang wasn't very high quality tennis, both women hitting tons of UErrors. Shot for shot, you have to give the edge to Zhiang, who also surprised everybody with some very good technique of both sides. Laura is a fighter and she somehow managed to with that match, but let'S say it...with the help her Chinese Opponent who really really should' have won that match with the set and a 4-2 lead in the second. Laura isn't much fun to watch play....so i'm a little desapointed for the Quebec'S public.....
OK.....any questions welcomed
Ciao!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Zi Yan (CHN) / Jie Zheng (CHN) def. 2- Rita Grande (ITA) / Alina Jidkova (RUS) 6-1 6-2

4- Ting Li (CHN) / Tian Tian Sun (CHN) def. Marion Bartoli (FRA) / Maria Sharapova (RUS) 6-3 6-3

Rita / Alina :sad: :eek:

Marion / Maria :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
yes yes yes !!!

Granville over Zeng
Sequera over Bartoli...

I add more points to my PAW... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Premium Member
181,824 Posts
Lubo :( :(

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
1- Els Callens (BEL) / Meilen Tu (USA) def. Jill Craybas (USA) / Gisela Dulko (ARG) 7-5 6-2

Els / Meilen :bounce:

Jill / Gisela :sad:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts