Tennis Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Do you think some close calls are going in Andy's favor? I noticed when he's playing some unknown or unpopular players, he tends to win more than lose on close calls. Sometimes even apparently long balls can go to his points when the crowd is overwhelmingly supporting him.

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Midnite surfer. Andy clearly stated Shut the fluck up and it occured right after he(andy) hit a great shot. It wasn't during that part of the match that you're refering too.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
OMG! He clearly said SHUT THE FUCK UP!! Infact i commented on that to a friend whil the match was going on.

I just didn't understand what he meant by that.. maybe it was that tiebreaker...?

Anyway this 3 hour long match took his crampy legs right out of this slam so he won't be around much longer.

That Happy Birthday song was just too much and the funny thing is I was actually rooting for him.. but that damn song was just way too much.

This great american white hope is becoming a laughing stock.
Dawn, Andy is the great AMERICAN white hope. The AMERICAN part is more important than the white.

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
That call that Andy hit was indeed good. Andy won the match fair and square. The crowd though was just too much.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Roddick was annoying and those nasty ass stares he was giving did not make him look anymore attractive. Btw, is it me to does he look crosseyed sometimes when he gets pumped up?

Reactions: adss

·
Registered
850 Posts
gogomaggie said:
Do you think some close calls are going in Andy's favor? I noticed when he's playing some unknown or unpopular players, he tends to win more than lose on close calls. Sometimes even apparently long balls can go to his points when the crowd is overwhelmingly supporting him.
Paranoia will destroy' ya :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
"Waiting for the Andy statue to come out all bronzed and shiny and placed in a field of flowers".

ROTFLMAO!

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
gogomaggie exactly my point. He is the "great white hope" America is hailing Andy as the best thing that has ever came out of tennis since tennis began! No fault of his but dayum...the ATP tour has so many talented men out there. Andy doesn't even come in the top ten.

Believe it or not great white hopes are out here in this world. Just look around.

Andy is known for cramping and losing his legs early(TENNIS LEGS) for those who don't understand. Andy will not win this US Open.

honey, you are using the term "great white hope" in the wrong way. if this was a sport dominated by blacks then it would be fitting. but its not, so it makes absolutely no sense.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Jeff said:
Lol yeah he did shout "Shut the F#$k up" and I was wondering why :lol:
I'm not totally sure, but in my personal opinion he directed it at Ljubicic, but he wasn't facing across the net het just yelled it out with his back turned. Andy hit a forehand that just caught the sideline which appeared to be out and Ljubicic went down on his knees because he couldn't believe it. So a couple points later, Andy hits another forehand to the same area of the court, but this time it is obvious that it's in then he turned around and said SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
agh

Knizzle said:
I'm not totally sure, but in my personal opinion he directed it at Ljubicic, but he wasn't facing across the net het just yelled it out with his back turned. Andy hit a forehand that just caught the sideline which appeared to be out and Ljubicic went down on his knees because he couldn't believe it. So a couple points later, Andy hits another forehand to the same area of the court, but this time it is obvious that it's in then he turned around and said SHUT THE FUCK UP!!
See, thats the thing I don't like about Andy. He needs to learn some respect. I think its a combo of overhyped, bad parenting, and bad coaching. Theres more to tennis than just hitting the ball. One must learn manners and to use them when on the court.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.