Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about the rest of you...but he came off as a real loser...full of himself...kinda player (very 1-D (again)) and what were the things he was shouting at the crowd (Was it 'shut the F#$# up'?--->thats what i thought.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Queen Rebecca said:
I believe he was trying to pump the crowd up, so I highly doubt he was telling them to shut up. Me thinks you need to work on your lip reading skills :)
I think he was shouting it in reference to Ljubicic, but if he did shout it to the crowd, it would been directed at a very small population seeing as the crowd was heavily in his favor.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
He was annoyed with them during the tiebreaker and mouthed shut up. He is annoying and I was hoping Ivan could have won.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knizzle said:
I think he was shouting it in reference to Ljubicic, but if he did shout it to the crowd, it would been directed at a very small population seeing as the crowd was heavily in his favor.
I am 87% sure that is what he said...I think that perhaps some people were laughing at the fact that it was his 'birthday'

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
I wanted him to lose too...Ivan up 5-2 and loses the tiebreaker, what a disappointment.

Reactions: adss

·
Registered
312 Posts
oh please, urging the crowd to sing happybirthday, the media is burrowing in Roddick's ass now, let's see him win a slam first. Even Roddick (being pretty egotistical) is a bit embarassed.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
OMG! He clearly said SHUT THE FUCK UP!! Infact i commented on that to a friend whil the match was going on.

I just didn't understand what he meant by that.. maybe it was that tiebreaker...?

Anyway this 3 hour long match took his crampy legs right out of this slam so he won't be around much longer.

That Happy Birthday song was just too much and the funny thing is I was actually rooting for him.. but that damn song was just way too much.

This great american white hope is becoming a laughing stock.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
OMG! He clearly said SHUT THE FUCK UP!! Infact i commented on that to a friend whil the match was going on.

I just didn't understand what he meant by that.. maybe it was that tiebreaker...?

Anyway this 3 hour long match took his crampy legs right out of this slam so he won't be around much longer.

That Happy Birthday song was just too much and the funny thing is I was actually rooting for him.. but that damn song was just way too much.

This great american white hope is becoming a laughing stock.
Andy the great white hope?? wouldn't there have to be a black man at number 1 or something, hell there ain't even a black guy in the top 30, and blake is black and white.

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
This is why I think he will never be as great a player outside North America. He needed the crowd support to pull this out. He thinks he's the protagonist when he plays on the U.S. soil.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
gogomaggie exactly my point. He is the "great white hope" America is hailing Andy as the best thing that has ever came out of tennis since tennis began! No fault of his but dayum...the ATP tour has so many talented men out there. Andy doesn't even come in the top ten.

Believe it or not great white hopes are out here in this world. Just look around.

Andy is known for cramping and losing his legs early(TENNIS LEGS) for those who don't understand. Andy will not win this US Open.

·
Registered
850 Posts
selesfan said:
He was annoyed with them during the tiebreaker and mouthed shut up. He is annoying and I was hoping Ivan could have won.
I thought he said hurry up as Ivan was wiping the sweat off of the court. Ivan did that after the call which he thought was bad but was actually right on the line.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts