Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
France's junior world number one Richard Gasquet has been invited to make his debut in the men's competition at the Australian Open next month.

The youngster from Beziers made an impact on the senior tour last year when, as a 15-year-old, he beat Argentinian Franco Squillari to reach the second round of the Monte Carlo Masters Series event.

The invitation comes about due to a reciprocal agreement between the Australian and French federations whereby two players will receive wild cards into their respective Grand Slams.

Gasquet, now aged 16, was put forward by the French Tennis Federation as their choice for the men's tournament, with 21-year-old Camille Pin their choice to contest the women's event.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Go to Camille Pin and Richard Gasquet :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

·
Premium Member
181,848 Posts
I knew it would be Camille :kiss: :D :)

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,473 Posts
surprised they didn't go with Stephanie based on her recent form and the fact she wasn't on the entry list :eek:

anyway Camille is also deserving, so congrats to her :)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i was hoping golovin would get an early start to her career. oh well maybe at roland garros she'll get her chance.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Gowza said:
i was hoping golovin would get an early start to her career. oh well maybe at roland garros she'll get her chance.
Tatiana?????????getting MD WC????????:eek:
her ranking is pretty far from Pin's......
Bartoli got there by her own, so Pin is no doubt
the next to get WC, good luck to her:)

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
I saw Richard play Marat Safin last year...in Monte Carlo, maybe [it was on TV]. He has a very good game. He has a great future...I hope he goes far

·
Premium Member
21,311 Posts
Good for Camille Pin :)

I wonder why Stephanie Cohen-Aloro did not enter qualies? :confused: Why sould she make the trip down here in November for the challenger events yet miss the 'big' one?

·
63,540 Posts
Stephanie Cohen-Aloro don't get the wildcard?! :eek:

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
Richard & Camille :bounce: :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts