Tennis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Complete 1939 now posted! :) Only missing 1 name-a Mlle Kerchkoff.
A. Kerckhoff from Netherlands (whenever you edit some results from the 1930-ies, be careful, because there was also another Dutch player "Z. Kerckhoff" !)

·
Registered
68 Posts

Venue: Racing Club de France, Paris
Surface:Clay

Singles

Final
Jeanne Matthey d. Germaine Regnier 1-6 6-1 9-7
----------------------------------------------

Doubles

Won by Jeanne Matthey/Daisy Speranza
----------------------------------------------

Mixed Doubles

Won by Mme M Meany/Edouard Meny

Draw Note:

Edouard Marie Marc Mény de Marangue (November 30, 1882 – January 23, 1960) was a competitor at the 1912 Olympics in Stockholm.
It's probably worth noting that for 1910, Germaine Regnier is the maiden name of Germaine Golding, as far as I know.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Re: 1956

Dates: May 15 to May 27
Venue: Stade Roland Garros, Auteuil, Paris
Surface: Clay

Mixed Doubles (Draw=44)

First Round

Mme Michelberger/Jean de la Prade-bye

Missing Names:

Mme Michelberger (doubles only)
All those edited draws look really nice :)
Rollo, if you check the 1958 mixed doubles draw, Jean de la Prade's partner was Colette Michelberger, it may be the same player as in 1956. It seems they played together also in 1959 and 1960. There's a comment on Michelberger posted below the 1957 draw !

·
25,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
All those edited draws look really nice :)
I appreciate that LKK. One day we will have the full set-all names and results for all 4 slams!

Rollo, if you check the 1958 mixed doubles draw, Jean de la Prade's partner was Colette Michelberger, it may be the same player as in 1956. It seems they played together also in 1959 and 1960. There's a comment on Michelberger posted below the 1957 draw !
Great pickup-it is now added.:)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hi ;)

I read PIGUERON won the women's double in 1922 et 1923. On wiki, it's Germaine BOURGEOIS who is the winner for these years ( still with LENGLEN ). Then, Yvonne BOURGEOIS won in 1924 with BILLOUT.
Can somebody confirm the results for these years ( PIGUERON ? Germaine BOURGEOIS ? Yvonne BOURGEOIS ? ).
Thank you very much :) ;)

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Hi ;)

I read PIGUERON won the women's double in 1922 et 1923. On wiki, it's Germaine BOURGEOIS who is the winner for these years ( still with LENGLEN ). Then, Yvonne BOURGEOIS won in 1924 with BILLOUT.
Can somebody confirm the results for these years ( PIGUERON ? Germaine BOURGEOIS ? Yvonne BOURGEOIS ? ).
Thank you very much :) ;)
Germaine Bourgeois (sister of Madeleine, Yvonne and Suzanne), married Francis Pigueron, so your above results are exact.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=25279082&postcount=246
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=25279114&postcount=248
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=25279098&postcount=247

·
Registered
372 Posts
Has anyone managed to find the past tournament draws on the new French Open website? These used to be available at rolandgarros.com/en_FR/about/history/pasttournaments.html but all I can find on the new and seriously crappy website is a list of winners.

·
Registered
42 Posts
201 - 220 of 257 Posts