Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
From island to island
12,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just come back from Roland-Garros and I will share with you all the great moments I had. :)

Madison Brengle - Kristina Brandi (from 0-0 to 1-2)

This was my first choice to begin the day and I have to say that I quickly changed my mind. I stayed there only for the first three games because it didn't seem a promising match. Brengle was down 1-2 and didn't appear a good player at the beginning. I didn't notice something great in her game : 0 winner, many errors, difficulties to be aggressive. On the other side, Brandi played smart tennis with some relatively effective slices. But things went in a different way after my leaving, so I can't really judge Brengle.

Stéphanie Vongsouthi - Su-Wei Hsieh (from 1-3 to 6-3 6-4)

Really a frustrating loss for Stéphanie (and her many supporters on court) who deserves a better rank. She is a very aggressive player, probably too much to tell the truth. Big first serve, strong forehand but so many stupid mistakes when she has to conclude points. On the other side, Hsieh was very consistent getting back as many balls as possible, returns very well and is not clumsy at all at the net. She also made good choices, for example when she decided to moonball as Stéphanie couldn't take advantage of that :eek: . Vongsouthi missed many occasions when she led in both sets.
Overall, I would say that Hsieh is a complete player but clearly not a dangerous one when she has to face a solid opponent. Vongsouthi has some potential but needs to control her game.
To finish on a bitchy note, Hsieh has a very particular way of walking, she was always shuffling, I wanted to say her hurry up during the whole match :lol:

Agnes Szavay - Monique Adamczak (from 6-1 to 4-6)

Unfortunately, I arrived when Agi was playing awful ! Adamczak should have been a piece of cake for her as she can barely hit winners - except with the help of her serve. Agi was too slow and to fragil on defense to win the 2nd set. Agi is as amazing when she controls points with her huge shots, as less than average when she defends. I don't know if it is the fault of her footwork or of her lack of anticipation but she is always late. Thus she struggles with balls which would have been ok for the rest of the players. Otherwise, she is great :yeah:, that's why she ended on a bagel.

Dominika Cibulkova - Ivana Lisjak (from 0-0 to 2-6 + 5-5 to 7-5)

I was a little bit disappointed by Dominika, Ivana should have won that. She totally outplayed Domi in the first set playing very aggressively with some beautiful winners. She stayed focused and strong on serve and really killed Domi's attempts to attack the ball. Cibulkova was in huge need of her first serve to get some points. Her game is good but not sparkling. Still, she was much more consistent than Ivana, that's why she won. When I came back, Ivana was close to win but also so far. All the balls which had been winners before turned into errors. Domi put a lot of pressure on her and she fell down. Congrats to Dominika who managed to overcome a very strong opponent thanks to her consistency. Her smile is so beautiful, so that's definitely a good thing she won ! Madison Brengle watched the whole match.

Ioana Raluca Olaru - Sara Errani ( from 6-2 1-0 to 6-2 6-4)

The match of the day :yeah: I discovered Ralu and I was much more impressed than for Cibulkova. She has got a killing forehand. She plays so smart with so much variety. She is cute. And clever. And graceful. I love her ! :hearts: :lol: Errani gave all she had, fighting on every point but was not good enough to beat Raluca. At least, she can be satisfied with what she did. She tried some interesting things at the net but Raluca was amazingly quick. She made beautiful passings shots and lobs. Errani couldn't compete with her during the rallies, she had to take some risks. Sometimes it worked but only sometimes. I think Raluca used all the skills of tennis, it was a joy to watch her. Just one negative thing, her backhand doesn't resist to huge attacks.

Laurène Fayol - Conchita Martinez Granados ( from 2-6 1-5 to 6-2 6-2)

Nothing to say. Oh yes, CMG screamed very loudly.
CMG was simply better than her opponent who has no chances of breaking top 200.

Marie-Eve Pelletier - Irena Pavlovic (the whole match)

I was seated next to Irena's father and a very good looking French junior boy. Her father is so funny and didn't hesitate to cheer loudly for her daughter, despite all the rules about coaching. It worked because she played better after. She has some weapons but all is very confuse. She is the typical inconsistent player, she made beautiful shots but always fucked the end. She could have won the match even if Pelletier is better than I thought and shouldn't be underestimated. She played well and seemed a very nice girl. She won the match on her 7th ace. Clean tennis from her.

and to finish : Violette Huck - Bethanie Mattek (from 1-1 to 6-2 6-4 :banana: :aparty:)

I was so happy for Violette ! First, I didn't know she was a lefty. So that was already a good suprise and then she has a pretty solid game :yeah: ! Her serve is great, no doubles fautes, a very powerful first serve which bothered Mattek during the whole match. She doesn't take unconsidered risks, she tried to stay consistent and put some extra power when she had a good occasion. She can reach the top 200 :) She is surely not the next big thing but she has something to say on court. Her forehand is her best shot, she made great winners thanks to it.
Still, to be completely honest, Mattek plays badly. She was passive and unconcerned during the first set and finally found some energy when Violette blew a 2-1 40-0 lead. She finally defended well which led Violette to make mistakes. She also served better.
The key of the match was the game at 2-3 on Violette's serve. Mattek had some break points and missed a (not easy) volley. Huck finally hit some first serve and won a very very long game. She got the break after. She wasted 3 MPs on Mattek's serve due to unforced errors (a very bad volley on a easy point), saved a BP on serve and won the match on her 4th MP :)

That's all :wavey: !

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,790 Posts
Thanks so much :hearts: Did you take any pictures? :eek:

What is the name of the junior?

·
Registered
24,441 Posts

·
Registered
18,232 Posts

I wonder it too :p

Thanks a loooot for the report :D :D You chosed the most interesting matchs :p I am happy for Violette and Raluca too :bounce: :D As for Domi,I think she had a bad day,I am sure she will impress you more the next time you see her play ;) and indeed,her smile is very beautiful :awww: :awww:

·
From island to island
12,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes I took some, the quality is not really good but to be honest I don't know how to put them on the net :tape: .
And the junior is not even a junior actually, Irena's father was wrong :eek: His name is Constantin Le Goff, he is 16 (quite young but as I am 18, it shouldn't be too much perverted :lol: and he looks like older ) and hasn't done something significant yet ^^'

Thanks! We don't usually get such immediate reports. :hatoff:
I was too excited to wait ! :p

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Su-Wei :D

thanks!!

Reactions: Iceland
1 - 15 of 15 Posts