2Vera Zvonareva103103
3Monica Puig-103 (SR)
4Heather Watson104104
5Chloe Paquet105105

·
Registered
32,822 Posts
Kenin is IN (for now)… that’s hopeful.

Puig could sneak into the MD - she needs 3 withdrawals..

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is the last week for the Q´s to get a spot in the Q draw, isnt it? Always 4 weeks before tournament if I remember correctly? Probably cut off will be around #240 I assume...

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Thanks for posting
Gee, thought Nadia P would have used her SR here
She is supposedly returning for the BJ King Cup Americas Qualifiers, ludicrously played on hard courts, in Salinas in Ecuador but then there is no sign of her in any upcoming ITFs or WTAs during the rest of April. She is on the list as a Q alternate (very far down) in Madrid and also an MD alternate in the 125 at St Malo (not on Q list for that though). Let's see if she plays at all, she has been pulling out of tournaments repeatedly over the last few months, no sign of her using any PRs so far.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
She is supposedly returning for the BJ King Cup Americas Qualifiers, ludicrously played on hard courts, in Salinas in Ecuador but then there is no sign of her in any upcoming ITFs or WTAs during the rest of April. She is on the list as a Q alternate (very far down) in Madrid and also an MD alternate in the 125 at St Malo (not on Q list for that though). Let's see if she plays at all, she has been pulling out of tournaments repeatedly over the last few months, no sign of her using any PRs so far.
Nadia P has not been selected to play in either of the first two BJ matches Argentina played against Colombia and Brazil, despite being named as in the team; the singles were played by Maria Lourdes Carle and Solana Sierra, so maybe she is still injured/unfit.

·
Registered
Team Vika
45,414 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
45,414 Posts
I just saw she's on the entry list of 60K ITF Koper the week of May 2 as well so I guess maybe she is trying to play soon but would rather Roland Garros qualies ? Or wants to save her special ranking for later ?

She is taking a break from tennis to get her health back to normal. I doubt she will play here.
How long has she even been gone ? Did some specific thing happen to her health or was it more years of wear and tear ?

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
How long has she even been gone ? Did some specific thing happen to her health or was it more years of wear and tear ?
She hasn't played since the AO. Last 2 seasons were pretty tough for hear. Maybe not very serious injuries, but a lot of small ones. I know her shoulder was hurting in Australia.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
This is the last week for the Q´s to get a spot in the Q draw, isnt it? Always 4 weeks before tournament if I remember correctly? Probably cut off will be around #240 I assume...
is cut off for qualifying after current week or after Stuttgart week?
According to GS Rulebook, QD entry and withdrawal deadline shall be 28 days prior to the first Monday of main draw playing. The RG 2022 QD cutoff day will be 25 April, after Stuttgart/ Istanbul.

W15 and W25 ranking points are postponed for one week to be effective, playing 18 to 24 Apr W25 Nottingham for example won't be helpful for the RG QD entry.

If Jana Fett, for example plays the Apr 18 W25 Nottingham, points gained won't be counted for her ranking to enter RG QD. However, if she could play the Apr 17 Istanbul QD (a QD alternate at present), the points gained will be very useful for her to be accepted into RG QD.

Fett is now playing the Apr 11 Nottingham. With 274 live points on 25 April, she has at present a projected ranking 248 for RG QD entry.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts