Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Malivai Washington "Kiss of Death" Award goes to:
Roger Federer who bombs out of another 1st rd match. Someone get him a head doctor before Wimbledon!

A Shadow of Himself Award goes to
Marcelo Rios. Was this guy once #1 in the world? I thought he took a month off to retool his game? Why is he still playing? Just retire, if you hate the game that much!

Open that Can of Whoop-Ass Award goes to
Mikhail Youzhny who double-bagelled David Sanchez (who Jon Wertheim thought could pull off an upset) on his way to winning in straight sets.
Forget Safin, this is the Russian to watch.

Mental Toughness May Win Him the Whole Shabang Award goes to
Carlos Moya who toughed out a win against Filippo Volandri, 7/6(7) 4/6 6/2 6/3.

Other 1st Rd. winners of note: Agassi, Kafelniknov, Blake, Coria, El Aynaoui, Hrbaty, Philippoussis, Malisse, Ferreira, Verkek.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PS said:
do you get a cookie for starting as many threads as you can during one hour?
No, but would you like to make me some? :hearts:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Rebecca said:
Sanchez retired from his match in St Polen two days ago, so I wouldnt' read too much into that scoreline. Though I'm thrilled that Mikhail won, as I was rooting for him.
3 days!

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
The Malivai Washington "Kiss of Death" Award goes to:
Roger Federer who bombs out of another 1st rd match. Someone get him a head doctor before Wimbledon!

A Shadow of Himself Award goes to
Marcelo Rios. Was this guy once #1 in the world? I thought he took a month off to retool his game? Why is he still playing? Just retire, if you hate the game that much!

Open that Can of Whoop-Ass Award goes to
Mikhail Youzhny who double-bagelled David Sanchez (who Jon Wertheim thought could pull off an upset) on his way to winning in straight sets.
Forget Safin, this is the Russian to watch.

Mental Toughness May Win Him the Whole Shabang Award goes to
Carlos Moya who toughed out a win against Filippo Volandri, 7/6(7) 4/6 6/2 6/3.

Other 1st Rd. winners of note: Agassi, Kafelniknov, Blake, Coria, El Aynaoui, Hrbaty, Philippoussis, Malisse, Ferreira, Verkek.
LOL @ maliVai's prize, it's just brilliant, I only hope he'll never cheer for my favourites

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PS said:
are you a woman?
Come on, you know the answer to that. But I might have to change sexes for you :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
PS said:
one day can make a difference...but I get your point
In this case it doesn't make a significant difference. It also may be totally irrelevant, as I'm not positive what Sanchez retired with or how serious it was. I merely thought that it was worth noting.

Moving on, I don't recall having problems explaining anything.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Player of the day>>>

Coria

So long farewell auf weidersen goodbye>>>

Rios

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
LOL @ TF! lovely idea! here are my contributions:

one Old Ball spanked another Old Ball Award goes to
Galo Blanco spanked Alex Correjta, and even had him swallow a bagel!

wow, he finally won a flipping match award :eek: goes to:
Nicolas Kiefer who finally beat that seriously threatening opponent Too Larkham, in five, count them five, sets!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts