Reactions: rucolo

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Fed Cup discussion

World group play-off
France against USA
French team: Cornet, Garcia, Razzano, Feurstein.
American team: Stephens, Keys, McHale, Lepchenko.
Allez

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Tomorrow 20.30 GMT
Garcia - Stephens
Cornet - Keys

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

France def. USA 3-2
:cheer:

·
Registered
15,489 Posts

great great caroline garcia, she won it almost "alone":worship: 3 matchs, 3 wins:) thank you virginie and amélie who was cheering very loudly during all this tie:D

I like her attitude and new way of dealing with her tennis. she looks very more mature and pro. Hopefully she will make a great claycourt season

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

2015 World Group first round (7-8 February)
Canada [c] v Czech Republic
Italy [c] v France
Poland [c] [*] v Russia
Germany [c] v Australia

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Allez les Bleus!

·
Registered
15,489 Posts

well not really convinced about pauline parmentier in this team, I think C.Garcia and A.Cornet are the two to compete in singles

the question is who to pair up with GOAT Mladenovic in doubles (she's still in AO to play another mixte double finale) ?

I expect Italian coach to surprise us and chose Giorgi against Cornet, she beat her last year at Strasbourg, it was on clay

Italy is the best team of the two, the favourite one, we'll see:)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

well not really convinced about pauline parmentier in this team, I think C.Garcia and A.Cornet are the two to compete in singles

the question is who to pair up with GOAT Mladenovic in doubles (she's still in AO to play another mixte double finale) ?

I expect Italian coach to surprise us and chose Giorgi against Cornet, she beat her last year at Strasbourg, it was on clay

Italy is the best team of the two, the favourite one, we'll see:)

Agree with you. I think there will Cornet vs Giorgi and Garcia vs Errani matches in the first day. And I think it;s very unpredictable tie. It would be 2-0 1-1 0-2 after the first day.

Garcia vs Errani! Caroline beated Errani on grass last year but it's clay but Caro can play good on clay too and she is in good form and Errani isn't it. But Italy plays home and we all know how is emotional Sara and support of the crowd can help her. So it's hard for me to predict winner of this match.

Cornet vs Giorgi! Alize was very bad on clay last year and she wasn't good in Australia but Giorgi is mentally weak and big pressure, support can brake her game. I think it will be 3 setter and we'll see who win it.

Doubles. Now it's hard to say who will play with Kiki. It will be obviously in the second day only.

#TeamFranceTennis

·
Registered
15,489 Posts

hi:)

actually Caroline did beat Errani also on clay, it was in Madrid last year, in 3 sets. Italian are favourite to win the tie but the French will have no pressure at all while as you said the Italians will have A LOT.

Giorgi will be indeed the most "vulnerable" of all players cause not much experience of this fed cup competition. In fact the italian coach can also chose Knapp to play instand of Giorgi, so many options for the italians whereas not many for us

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

hi:)

actually Caroline did beat Errani also on clay, it was in Madrid last year, in 3 sets. Italian are favourite to win the tie but the French will have no pressure at all while as you said the Italians will have A LOT.

Giorgi will be indeed the most "vulnerable" of all players cause not much experience of this fed cup competition. In fact the italian coach can also chose Knapp to play instand of Giorgi, so many options for the italians whereas not many for us
It will be very good if Barazzutti chooses Knapp or Vinci. Alize can win against one of them. But I'm sure that Giorgi will play against Cornet. Okay, we'll see it tomorrow. Can't wait.
Love Fed Cup:hearts:

·
Registered
15,489 Posts

here a video where amelie and alize cornet talking about the tie, the surface and their opponents

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gemx5_fed-cup-2015-les-bleues-se-preparent-a-genes_sport

from what I saw cornet did train with both parmentier and garcia, she seems the most ready of them all. In this vid at the end you can see alize and caroline shaking their hand when the practice is over. Seems like Cornet won the session, you can see it by the caroline face:p

·
Registered
15,489 Posts

so let's serious battle begins:D

here the programme for tomorrow, as we predicted Garcia/Errani and Cornet/Giorgi in DAY1

Samedi 7 février 2015 (à partir de 14 heures)
Caroline GARCIA (FRA) – Sara ERRANI (ITA)
Alizé CORNET (FRA) – Camila GIORGI (ITA)

Dimanche 8 février 2015 (à partir de 12 heures)
Alizé CORNET (FRA) – Sara ERRANI (ITA)
Caroline GARCIA (FRA) – Camila GIORGI (ITA)
K. MLADENOVIC / P. PARMENTIER (FRA) – K. KNAPP / R. VINCI (ITA)

:lol: at the finale doubles team from both, if we have to go to a decisive double match you van be sure those teams will be changed, Errani will play with her year long partner and Cornet with Kristina.

we'll see after DAY1:)

·
Registered
50,589 Posts

^Maybe Garcia with Kristina?

·
Registered
15,489 Posts

Caro 6-7 (2) in 1st set:smash:

break fest in that first set, Caro broke for 2-0 and unable to hold her serve, the same for Errani. She has the lead in tie break 2-1 ans then NOTHING, error after error

Errani not playing that well but solid enough to make Caroline lose.

·
Registered
15,489 Posts

lost 6 and 5:mad:

and Girogi is leading 1 set and 1 break...

nothing Cornet can do cause Giorgi is playing GOAT tennis right now, winner everywhere and no fault

1 - 20 of 306 Posts