Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You could have been in the top 10 with a good result here Fran!! :sad::sad::fiery::fiery:

Well better luck next time

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
GOD DAMMIT!

:banghead:

FRAN!

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
This was her best chance because Venus doens't have that many points to defend during the clay court season, Martina Hingis is playing consistently and if Mary Pierce continues to battle injuries, Venus will stay in the top ten and Hingis or possibly Myskina will enter the top ten.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I quite like Fran, but I kinda think the reason she hasn't made the top ten is that she doesn't really belong there. She'll probably make it there in her career, but I think she'll be one of the weaker ones like Petrova or Schnyder. Great top 20 player though.

22,716 Posts
All Fran has to do is have a good week at Amelia Island, Venus has 1/4 final pts coming off there, is Fran playing there?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
The Daviator said:
All Fran has to do is have a good week at Amelia Island, Venus has 1/4 final pts coming off there, is Fran playing there?
Except she has to contend with Myskina

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Daviator said:
Yes, she should be seeded 5th

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I think winning a tournament should be her goal.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
smiler said:
I quite like Fran, but I kinda think the reason she hasn't made the top ten is that she doesn't really belong there. She'll probably make it there in her career, but I think she'll be one of the weaker ones like Petrova or Schnyder. Great top 20 player though.
i agree with 90% of this post, but I am starting to feel like Nadia belongs in the top 10. She beat Mauresmo to win her second title in the past year. While she has an abysmal record against the top players, I think she'll surprise us yet.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
she's been in a slump for a while so that should be her problem to solve , and winning her 1st tournament of course. Some people just read too much into rankings

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
So what's up with Francesca this season (other than Sydney) ? :scratch:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts