Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Seems like it was all hysteria about Peng last week, even though I've no doubt that she did indeed play outstandingly against Clijsters. Every dog has their day, so to speak. I remember when Katarina Studenikova played as well as Steffi Graf for one match against Seles at Wimbledon 1996 - and never again.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Steffica Greles said:
Seems like it was all hysteria about Peng last week, even though I've no doubt that she did indeed play outstandingly against Clijsters. Every dog has their day, so to speak. I remember when Katarina Studenikova played as well as Steffi Graf for one match against Seles at Wimbledon 1996 - and never again.
I agree.. Remember Alex Stevenson? Karolina Sprem? Shuai Peng is on that same list except that she has not even reached a slam QF or SF, which K-Lina and Alx did.

·
Registered
13,163 Posts
You people are so sad. One week you are all raving about Peng, and the next week you are writing her off already. :eek:

Newsflash: Peng wasn't SUPPOSED to beat Schiavone, Fran being the seed. ;)

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
clonesheep said:
I agree.. Remember Alex Stevenson? Karolina Sprem? Shuai Peng is on that same list except that she has not even reached a slam QF or SF, which K-Lina and Alx did.
a bad loss happens. schiavone is no pushover. peng is actually really good...definitely a top 10 player. i saw her play, if she keeps it up and plays a full schedule, she WILL be top 10.

Reactions: Pengwin

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Shuai is the real deal. It would be tough for her to have another great week after her first Tier 1 SF. Give the girl a break. She has all the talent for Top 10...

·
Team WTAworld
15,941 Posts
Wow that's a very close match :eek: Nice win Fran, wonder what happened to Peng?

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
:) Good win Fran keep going :bounce: :wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
Considering Lepchenko hits almost as hard as Shaui, but with less consistency, I wouldnt say it will be a "bye."

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Fran's one-handed backhand is getting better by the way. Saw her playing Patty Schnyder at the Acura and she was hitting it very well and mixing in the slices too. GREAT WIN FRANNIE!!! :hearts:

Peng :sad:

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Shuai :sad:
If you knew anything about her you'd know she was good, but you cant expect her to be consistent yet. Fran is a good player on hardcourts and she reached the US Open QF once so its not like its a horrible loss.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Franny!! :D :kiss: :bounce:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Typical Fran score. Loses first. Hangs on to take second. Takes third at the end.

The other perm is win first. Falter in second Pull out third or lose.

iIs odd because she has the shots to win in two but instead she wears them out in 3....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts