Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I didn’t expect Mayo to win this one but I‘m thrilled for her. :)

Considering her lightweight game she really makes the most out of it. This is her first AO MD right?

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
She has a beautiful classic game but it is indeed very lightweight. I was not expecting this at all considering her recent form but maybe she has one of those games that takes time to mature, as it happens with many finesse players.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Mayo played a really solid match... Rakhimova was my favorite to qualify, but showed she's still immature...
not able to adapt to the slice opponent and frustrate herself

Still a positive thing she fighting until the end and trying a comeback... but way too late 6-4 4-0 girl !

Hibi won 100% serve in play in the first set... you cant believe that stat, even if it was miss N.Osaka

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jesus Christ what Rakhimova played , one of the biggest shit i have ever seen. Hibi only push the ball on the middle of the court and Rakhimova did easy error after error. There was so many better players who play good but lost , Hibi don't deserve MD

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Overall a bad performance from Rakhimova although at least she made things more palatable by a good passage of play in set two. But Hibi overall was better, made far fewer errors, neat and tidy tennis.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
She has a beautiful classic game but it is indeed very lightweight. I was not expecting this at all considering her recent form but maybe she has one of those games that takes time to mature, as it happens with many finesse players.
No power but she was almost on every ball... I can understand it against Gerlach but against Rakhimova... it's more surprising

she's playing her best tennis for sure now, a bit shame the AO start not now...

·
Registered
25,718 Posts
Well done Mayo :cheers:

·
Premium Member
31,845 Posts
Rakhimova wasted a nice chance here.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
I'd like to see Sabalenka against Hibi, AO first round.
why?
Do you hate Hibi so much that you want to see her embarrassed 0 and 0 in under 30 minutes?

·
31,550 Posts
Well, didnt expect Mayo to make it through a slam qualies... but everything is said about her in this thread already xD

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
She has won three Qualifying rounds ,all in straight sets,So She has earned her spot in the MD anyways,Nice fat paycheck guarantee also,even if Mayo looses in the first round.And She will give it all She has.xx

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
Hibi won 100% serve in play in the first set... you cant believe that stat, even if it was miss N.Osaka
Why not? I've seen it plenty of times before. I watched the set again now (because I didn't watch the match live) just to see if those figures were correct - and they are. Not only did Hibi win every single point from her 14 first serves that went in, she did the same on all six of her valid second serves as well. The only two points she lost were two double faults.

Rakhimova only lost four of her own first serve points, giving her a conversion rate of 78%. That's not too shabby, either.

I'm not sure that I would agree with the "walking bye" comment, because she does move very well around the court and picked off a couple of nice points from Rakhimova's serve, but her own serve needs an awful lot of work if it's going to be any threat to even a mid-range opponent in the main draw.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts