Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of good news for a change...members of the Scottish Parliament voted to ban hunting with Dogs. Great news!

Now the rest of Britain must follow suit. A big majority of the British people favour a ban...a big majority of the House of Commons favour a ban, even the Prime Minister favours one, but lacks the courage to force it through.

The 'Countryside Alliance' threaten to defy the ban. Let them, and then put them in jail where they belong! :)

Britain has rightly been thought of as a nation which cares greatly about animal rights, but Fox hunting and hunting with dogs in general, continues. It is a cruel, barbaric and sickening practice, gaining pleasure and a thrill from chasing and killing animals can have no justification...it matters not one bit how many centuries it has been going on for, or what in-bred royalty or country toff takes part in it....its time for the Briitish government to show some backbone for a change and and ban it for good.

Well done to the Scots for showing us the way! :)

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Yeah! Ban that fox hunting! Go Scottish people.
Those people with there traditions:(

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
PLEASE please please please can the english government do the same :)

Fvck the posh scum !!

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realise bulfighting went on in Portugal as well as Spain...

Its an awful thing, tormenting and cruel and like Fox Hunting, is something else that the world should be rid of.

Are there many campaigners against it in Portugal and Spain?

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
The best news I've heard in awhile... Thanks for bringing it to me Chris Ba! :)

Now it's time for England to follow suit.. Come on, get with it! :fiery:

Bullfighting is barbaric too, yes vivalaseles... are there any campaigners against it?

I have read an article about how they're planning to reintroduce extinct mammals from Britain back into the wild like wolves, elks and lynxes etc.. Anyone know more about it? That would be fantastic :) With conservationist policies of course.

·
***** Emeritus
42,430 Posts
GREAT!!!!! And that bullfighting is just so sickening! :sad: And those bullfighters are treated as heroes! :fiery: :sad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I'm not joking or lying, I just drove home behind our local hunt and my friend was in it !! I am so fucking annoyed - :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: evil bitch

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
That's great news! I'm a long time member of the World Wildlife Fund and Humane Society Of The United States. So this news is music to my ears!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Am I the only person who thinks that there are 2 sides to every story regarding the abolition of fox hunting.

No I don't do it, no I've never done it, no I most likely never will and finally, no I don't particularly agree with it.

There is an argument that says we should just leave foxes to run riot in the countryside, over land, over farm stock, over the livelihood of thousands of farmers (who, incidentally, are being totally fucked over by the government as it is - don't hear too many people complaining about that).... but I don't necessarily buy it.

The whole 'hunt' thing is totally the last gasp of the aristocracy to assert it's force of will over the countryside, and I can't abide fox-hunting for that reason. But surely it all depends how strictly you define 'animal cruelty'.

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
Well that's the argument the pro side uses : we need the fox hunt cause otherwise those foxes will caus etoo much damage.

Maybe that's true but how can they justify the cruel way in which they do it? The dogs literally rip the fox apart, it's cruel, inhuman and barbaric so I'm glad they abolished it in Scotland.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Free, if they had an overpopulation problem with Foxes, they probably would still have limited hunting. Fox hunting wouldn't have been banned if Foxes caused unbearable problems.

And Josh is right. The cruel way in which Foxes are hunted is barbaric. The dogs do most of the work.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
There is no humane or dignified way in my opinion to kill another living thing.

So there goes the barbaric theory. I don't think it's so much the way they are killed, as opposed to the way they are killed being celebrated by the ridiculous poncing and posturing of the hunters.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
But the thing is Josh, if you're saying 'they are a pest, let's keep the numbers down' you're immediately scratching around for a humane way to kill them, which in fact does not exist.

Have you ever tried to keep a fox still enough to 'kill it instantly'? It's nigh on damn impossibe - even for trained SAS marksman, and I kid you not.

So, you get the fox still for a moment. You shoot, it moves. Now you've scared it. What'cha gonna do? You could try drugs??? I honestly don't know if that is viable or not so I won't comment.

I maintain that there is no humane way to do this, but let's not kid that there is some Utopian ideal which can be brought into the real world.

·
***** Emeritus
42,430 Posts
thefreedesigner, I kinda understand what you're saying, but those hunters are only doing it for their own perverted pleasure. I agree that it's sometimes a necessity to kill animals (I'm no vegetarian), but if it's for some kind of pleasure, I think that's wrong.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Evidence has been uncovered that several hunts, including ones taken part in by certain royal family members, have actually helped the foxes to breed, and leave carcasses for them to eat etc...so they are often creating the problem in the first place.

People who fox hunt get a thrill out of it, call it a sport, and use the excuse of tradition to hide behind.

Here is what the pro-foxhunting spokesmen for the "Federation of welsh packs" had to say in today's Guardian...

"We are prepared to fight for our way of life and even die for it. You will not need to send envoys to Palestine or go to Africa to sort out problems there, Mr Blair, because there'll be too much trouble here," he said. "There'll be rivers of blood in the countryside just because I want to get on a horse and hunt a fox."

Such threats show them for what they are, bloodthirsty bullies and fanatics. We must take them on.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Re: Bullfighting

Let's look at the situation from the perspective of a random unborn bull.

Proponents say: We will breed you, we will treat you well for a number of years and then put you in front of a toreador. You will suffer some pain in the battle, but we guarantee that you will quickly be put out of your misery.

Opponents: You will not be born.

What would the bull choose?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts