·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lmao! What a (loveable) doink!

Fortune-teller tells Ferrero he will win French Open
2003-05-27 15:28:30 GMT (Reuters)

By Francois Thomazeau

PARIS, May 27 (Reuters) - Juan Carlos Ferrero eased into the second round of the French Open at the expense of Swiss Michel Kratochvil and then revealed a fortune-teller had told him he would win the tournament.

"I went to see a fortune-teller and he told me it was going to be my year," said the third-seeded Spaniard after his 7-5 7-5 6-4 victory.

If his progress at Roland Garros is to be trusted, Ferrero should be expected to triumph at last, having been a semi-finalist two years ago before losing in the final to compatriot Albert Costa last year.

Ferrero, who retained his Monte Carlo crown this season before pulling out of the Rome final, citing a shoulder injury, said he was no longer in any pain.

The Spaniard, known as 'the Mosquito', had said after losing last year's final that he had been hampered by the same lingering shoulder problems.

"I feel well now, I have been free from injury for some time now and I can play without any apprehension.

"I had to defend my position here but I think I've been playing pretty well even though I'm still lacking some speed and power.

"But I trust I can regain it as the tournament goes on," he said.

Like other players, Ferrero has complained that balls were slow and heavy this year at Roland Garros.

"They require a little bit more effort, but it's the same for every player," he said.

In the next round, he meets Chile's Nicolas Massu, who beat former losing finalist Magnus Norman of Sweden 6-4 6-1 6-3.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another article had his quote about the fortune teller like this:
"I saw a fortune teller — and he said it's my turn this time!" he joked to reporters.

"But actually, you can never predict what's going to happen — you just have to play your best."

Either way...lol :eek:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I can't believe Ferrero would do such a thing as to consult a fortune teller... LOL

Good luck to him :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well I hope the fortune teller Ferrero consulted didn't look at the same crystal ball as Malavai Washington. Or else, he's SCREWED big time! :devil:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
hmmmm well of the remaining players I wouldn't mind it'll be him.

But when they can't get the past right (since when did he reach the final in Rome??) then I doubt the future teller will be right.

Even worse I fear it'll be baldy again - couse every tournement he hasn't lost in first round this year - he won.... grrrrr hope this won't be the same again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Doris, I think he won Rome in 2001! Please correct if I'm wrong! :confused:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
warfreakbix said:
Hi Doris, I think he won Rome in 2001! Please correct if I'm wrong! :confused:

Dont' know about 2001 you might be right but they are talking about this season.....

Rebecca said:
Ferrero, who retained his Monte Carlo crown this season before pulling out of the Rome final, citing a shoulder injury, said he was no longer in any pain.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Oh my fucking lord, what a dork!!!!!!!! Haha!! No but, that's cute! LOL! En tout cas, he's living up to the fortune.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Carillo mentioned that fortuneteller thing during the costa/clement match...she and pmac and cliffD joked about it....

i had a heartattack today..."WHY CAN'T YOU JUST FINISH THE MATCH?!?!?!?!!"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts