Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Re: Here we go again...

I asked you to point out one example of my using "hate speech"; either do so or stop lying. You obviously know how to quote a comment. :rolleyes:
As I said, it has many examples. For example, each and every of your 'Responsible gun owner of the day' troll post.

·
Registered
38,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

As I said, it has many examples. For example, each and every of your 'Responsible gun owner of the day' troll post.
And as I said, quote an example of me using "hate speech."

I love how you people make claims you can't back up when you get called out on them. Go have a seat with your equally truth-challenged buddies.

·
Chionophile
40,063 Posts

Many people find the same with him. That’s why he’s TWAT king. :rolls:

·
Registered
38,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
32,694 Posts
Family of Woman Shot, Killed Inside Home by FW Police Retains Attorney

By Lili Zheng

Published Oct 12, 2019 at 9:35 PM | Updated at 12:30 AM CDT on Oct 13, 2019

The family of a woman shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer in her own home have retained an attorney.

The shooting happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday on the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue. Inside the home, the family of 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson said she was watching her 8-year-old nephew.

"She didn't do anything wrong, but she's inside of her home, trying to protect her home and my son that's inside. She's not a threat. She's a college graduate," Jefferson's older sister Amber Carr said. "You want to see justice, but justice don't bring my sister back."

Police responded to the home after a call from a neighbor indicating a front door was open. The neighbor, James Smith, said he noticed all of the lights were on. There was no movement in the house, so he called the non-emergency line asking for a welfare check.

"There was no reason for her to be dead, because there was nothing violent going on, there was no distress at this particular property. They had no reason to come here with guns drawn," Smith said. "I'm shaken, I'm mad and I'm upset, and I feel like it's probably my fault because if I had never called the police department, she'd still be alive."

Body camera video released by the Fort Worth Police Department shows the officer walking around outside the house with a flashlight. He then stops, points his flashlight at a window and then draws his gun after seeing a person watching himself from inside the house.

The officer is heard commanding, "Put your hands up, show me your hands" before firing his weapon once.

In a press release, police said the shot was fired after "perceiving a threat" but did not specify what the threat was. Once officers entered the home, they located Jefferson and a firearm and began providing emergency medical care.

The family's attorney, Lee Merritt, said it was "reckless and irresponsible" to release a picture of the firearm found without context of how it was used – if, at all.

"It's something the community has seen over and over again where the character of the victim gets called into question," Merritt told reporters. "There was nothing nefarious or illegal about owning a firearm and they presented in nowhere that firearm was contributory towards the use of deadly force here."

Continued @ https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Family-of-Woman-Shot-Killed-Inside-Home-by-FW-Police-Retains-Attorney-562950481.html
Until these cops are held responsible for murdering innocent people it'll never stop.

·
Registered
38,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Fort Worth Woman Was Playing Video Game With Her Nephew When Shot by Police

A police officer fired the shot that killed Atatiana Jefferson from outside her bedroom window. A neighbor had reported two doors ajar.

Flowers and a stuffed animal lying on the ground outside of the home where Atatiana Jefferson was killed by a police officer in Fort Worth.CreditCreditLaura Buckman for The New York Times

By Marina Trahan Martinez, Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs and Dave Montgomery

Oct. 13, 2019

FORT WORTH — Minutes before she was shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer, Atatiana K. Jefferson was playing video games in her bedroom with her 8-year-old nephew, a lawyer for her family said Sunday.

Ms. Jefferson, 28, was proud of being the “cool auntie” to her siblings’ children, and had stayed up into the wee hours of Saturday morning with her nephew, Xbox controllers in their hands, according to S. Lee Merritt, the family’s lawyer. But the pair grew concerned around 2:30 a.m., he said, when they heard rustling outside the house and saw flashlights.

Atatiana K. Jefferson

A neighbor had called the police after seeing Ms. Jefferson’s front and side doors ajar, a call he later said he regretted making. The two responding officers quietly crept around outside the dark house, where Ms. Jefferson lived with her mother.

After unlatching a fence door and walking into the back yard, a white male officer saw Ms. Jefferson, who is black, through her bedroom window. He shouted for her to put her hands up and immediately fired a single shot through the glass, according to body camera footage released by the department. The officers do not identify themselves as police in the video.

Ms. Jefferson’s nephew was still in the bedroom when she was killed, the police said.

The killing of a young woman in her own home devastated Fort Worth leaders and residents, who on Sunday said they were still struggling to make sense of the chain of events. About 500 people gathered peacefully in front of Ms. Jefferson’s home on Sunday evening, chanting, holding signs and registering people to vote. Many called for the officer to be fired and prosecuted.

Several attendees openly carried weapons, including one man with a rifle who was calmly directing traffic. No uniformed police were at the gathering.

A vigil for Ms. Jefferson was held in Fort Worth on Sunday.CreditLaura Buckman for The New York Times

Continued @ https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/us/fort-worth-texas-shooting-jefferson.html

·
Premium Member
19,584 Posts
Re: TMZ: Venus Williams Blamed In Fatal Car Crash

So now the board's resident crooked cop defender's are mad about a thread title while pretending as if they're so concerned about the plight of the moderation team? What a joke. :| I really underestimated the lengths some people would go to deflect on this board but this is ridiculous. If the title of a thread bothers you so much, here's a tip: Stay out of it crying.:)

·
Premium Member
19,584 Posts

Fort Worth Woman Was Playing Video Game With Her Nephew When Shot by Police

A police officer fired the shot that killed Atatiana Jefferson from outside her bedroom window. A neighbor had reported two doors ajar.

Flowers and a stuffed animal lying on the ground outside of the home where Atatiana Jefferson was killed by a police officer in Fort Worth.CreditCreditLaura Buckman for The New York Times

By Marina Trahan Martinez, Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs and Dave Montgomery

Oct. 13, 2019

FORT WORTH — Minutes before she was shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer, Atatiana K. Jefferson was playing video games in her bedroom with her 8-year-old nephew, a lawyer for her family said Sunday.

Ms. Jefferson, 28, was proud of being the “cool auntie” to her siblings’ children, and had stayed up into the wee hours of Saturday morning with her nephew, Xbox controllers in their hands, according to S. Lee Merritt, the family’s lawyer. But the pair grew concerned around 2:30 a.m., he said, when they heard rustling outside the house and saw flashlights.

Atatiana K. Jefferson

A neighbor had called the police after seeing Ms. Jefferson’s front and side doors ajar, a call he later said he regretted making. The two responding officers quietly crept around outside the dark house, where Ms. Jefferson lived with her mother.

After unlatching a fence door and walking into the back yard, a white male officer saw Ms. Jefferson, who is black, through her bedroom window. He shouted for her to put her hands up and immediately fired a single shot through the glass, according to body camera footage released by the department. The officers do not identify themselves as police in the video.

Ms. Jefferson’s nephew was still in the bedroom when she was killed, the police said.

The killing of a young woman in her own home devastated Fort Worth leaders and residents, who on Sunday said they were still struggling to make sense of the chain of events. About 500 people gathered peacefully in front of Ms. Jefferson’s home on Sunday evening, chanting, holding signs and registering people to vote. Many called for the officer to be fired and prosecuted.

Several attendees openly carried weapons, including one man with a rifle who was calmly directing traffic. No uniformed police were at the gathering.

A vigil for Ms. Jefferson was held in Fort Worth on Sunday.CreditLaura Buckman for The New York Times

Continued @ https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/us/fort-worth-texas-shooting-jefferson.html
This is heartbreaking on so many levels. I can only imagine the devastation of her nephew watching her murdered in cold blood while they were enjoying a video game. Black people aren't even safe in their own damn homes anymore. After the Botham case I've completely lost faith in law enforcement. I was firmly against having a gun in my home but I'm thinking about getting a license to carry. With the way things are going black people will have to take justice in their own hands.

·
Premium Member
19,584 Posts

Until these cops are held responsible for murdering innocent people it'll never stop.
They've already put the murderer on "administrative leave" which technically means he'll lay low until the heat dies down and they'll shuffle him somewhere else to terrorize others. Anybody defending untrained scum who would shoot an innocent woman for no damn reason is bottom of the barrel but they'll be apologists out there claiming these cops were just "doing their jobs". smdh:SNE:

·
Registered
28,835 Posts

So now the board's resident crooked cop defender's are mad about a thread title while pretending as if they're so concerned about the plight of the moderation team? What a joke. :| I really underestimated the lengths some people would go to deflect on this board but this is ridiculous. If the title of a thread bothers you so much, here's a tip: Stay out of it crying.:)
I haven't seen a single post defending cops in this thread.

·
Registered
38,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

So now the board's resident crooked cop defender's are mad about a thread title while pretending as if they're so concerned about the plight of the moderation team? What a joke. :|
That was hilarious wasn't it?

I really underestimated the lengths some people would go to deflect on this board but this is ridiculous. If the title of a thread bothers you so much, here's a tip: Stay out of it crying.:)
That seems to be too much for them to wrap their bitter little heads around. :help:

·
Premium Member
19,584 Posts

I haven't seen a single post defending cops in this thread.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? :frown2: Reread my post.

·
Premium Member
19,584 Posts

That was hilarious wasn't it?

That seems to be too much for them to wrap their bitter little heads around. :help:
Running to the mods under the guise they're concerned about their work load is a complete farce to cover for their deflection tactics. I always stay by this moto: If I'm not interested in a thread title I'll kindly skip right over it like an adult.:wink2:

·
Registered
38,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Fort Worth police officer who fatally shot Atatiana Jefferson resigns as family calls for his arrest

The resignation came hours before the department intended to terminate Officer Aaron Dean's employment.

Oct. 14, 2019, 1:19 PM CDT / Updated Oct. 14, 2019, 2:16 PM CDT

By Elizabeth Chuck

The Fort Worth, Texas, police officer who fatally shot a woman while she was babysitting her nephew over the weekend resigned Monday, hours before the police department was going to fire him.

Interim Police Chief Ed Kraus announced at a news conference that he intended to end Officer Aaron Dean's employment, but that Dean tendered his resignation first. Dean, who joined the department in April 2018, still faces criminal charges as well as possible civil rights violations, Kraus said.

Dean was initially placed on administrative leave following the killing of victim Atatiana Jefferson, 28. He has not been cooperating with investigators in the case, Kraus said.

"Had the officer not resigned, I would have fired him for violations for several policies, including our use of force policy, our de-escalation policy and unprofessional conduct," Kraus added.

In a separate news conference earlier Monday, Jefferson's family demanded an outside investigation into her death and called for the officer who killed her to be fired.

"This man murdered someone. He should be arrested," Darius Carr, Jefferson's brother, told reporters.

Kraus brought the case to the Texas Rangers, who he said were not inclined to take it up at this point, and to the FBI, which did not immediately say whether it would review it.

Continued @ https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fort-worth-police-officer-who-fatally-shot-atatiana-jefferson-resigns-n1065866

·
Registered
3,840 Posts

Running to the mods under the guise they're concerned about their work load is a complete farce to cover for their deflection tactics. I always stay by this moto: If I'm not interested in a thread title I'll kindly skip right over it like an adult.:wink2:
So that will excuse posting any kind of crap then? Just skip it if you don't like someone posting negative stuff about gays, religions, ethnic groups etc?
We sure would not need mods then!

·
Registered
3,840 Posts

And as I said, quote an example of me using "hate speech."

I love how you people make claims you can't back up when you get called out on them. Go have a seat with your equally truth-challenged buddies.
Already did. You can keep denying it, but you are just getting ever more exposed as a hypocrite.

Also, where are these 'cop defenders' you guys keep talking about? I sure ain't seeing any in this thread. Already said that cop acted horribly incompetently.

·
Registered
38,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Already did. You can keep denying it, but you are just getting ever more exposed as a hypocrite.
You haven't, son, and it's more than obvious you can't.

Also, where are these 'cop defenders' you guys keep talking about? I sure ain't seeing any in this thread. Already said that cop acted horribly incompetently.
Not Applicable.

·
Registered
32,694 Posts

This is heartbreaking on so many levels. I can only imagine the devastation of her nephew watching her murdered in cold blood while they were enjoying a video game. Black people aren't even safe in their own damn homes anymore. After the Botham case I've completely lost faith in law enforcement. I was firmly against having a gun in my home but I'm thinking about getting a license to carry. With the way things are going black people will have to take justice in their own hands.
I'm going to get a license and already looking at which type of gun to buy. Sick of this bull.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts