Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Chionophile
40,060 Posts

·
Administrator
11,883 Posts
Re: Here we go again...

Reported. Mods @pancake @Leif why is a small but vocal group of posters allowed to keep breaking the rules. There is a thread for these type of posts: https://www.tennisforum.com/13-non-tennis/1288510-race-relations-issues.html

They know about, they post in it and yet they keep creating threads, creating more work for you guys. Will there be consequences for this type of behaviour?
Just because a white cop shoots a black person doesn't automatically make it a race relations issue. The article doesn't suggest the motive is race-related - if it mentioned the percentage of POCs getting killed by white cops then yes, but not in this case. It can be just a cop problem in the US - I am not going to merge threads every time any POC is involved in some news.

·
Registered
28,815 Posts

Just because a white cop shoots a black person doesn't automatically make it a race relations issue. The article doesn't suggest the motive is race-related - if it mentioned the percentage of POCs getting killed by white cops then yes, but not in this case. It can be just a cop problem in the US - I am not going to merge threads every time any POC is involved in some news.
The title of the article literally says "White shoots black".

I mean, what the fuck. How is this not automatically a race issue then?

·
Administrator
11,883 Posts

The title of the article literally says "White shoots black".

I mean, what the fuck. How is this not automatically a race issue then?
Well, I only clicked on the first article, and it just says Fort Worth police officer fatally shoots woman in her own home :shrug: I will include the second one in the race relations thread.

·
Chionophile
40,060 Posts

Well, I only clicked on the first article, and it just says Fort Worth police officer fatally shoots woman in her own home :shrug: I will include the second one in the race relations thread.

Isn't it about the same case? :confused:

Also, let me put it clearly, this poster wouldn't be posting this if it isn't a race-related, the intention is it is race-related. So to save you trouble in future, and they are fully aware of what they're doing, you should make it clear to them that they need to be posting these threads in the right place or there will be consequences. Can you not see silly this is that you are having to deal with this all the time? It's because he knows he can get away with it.

·
Registered
28,815 Posts

Uhm, no? Both links say White shoots Black in the title, as can be seen from the opening post - this is a printscreen:

·
Administrator
11,883 Posts

Also, let me put it clearly, this poster wouldn't be posting this if it isn't a race-related, the intention is it is race-related. So to save you trouble in future, and they are fully aware of what they're doing, you should make it clear to them that they need to be posting these threads in the right place or there will be consequences. Can you not see silly this is that you are having to deal with this all the time? It's because he knows he can get away with it.
Well we will have to agree to disagree - how the case is presented is going to make the difference here.

And I think I know the intention, but thinking I know it isn't enough. There are grey areas. If he manages to take advantage of that, well good for him? Honestly I don't understand why you guys don't just block each other either, but you do you. This is not a war that someone has to come up on top and I am frankly sick of seeing both sides going at each other, but if you guys want to do it, it's your right. In any case, if it bothers you so much, talk to the admin team. This is not going to be discussed any further here.

·
Administrator
11,883 Posts

Uhm, no? Both links say White shoots Black in the title, as can be seen from the opening post - this is a printscreen:

I said I clicked on the article.

·
Registered
28,815 Posts

I said I clicked on the article.
But... what does it matter if the link presented in the thread contains the references to the race. Don't you find it strange that he didn't simply copy and paste the title from the news website, it seems like he did the extra work and changed it, added the race of the people involved, deliberately turning it into a race relation issue and then deliberately didn't post it in the race relation thread???

Nothing to see here, indeed. :shrug:

·
Administrator
11,883 Posts

But... what does it matter if the link presented in the thread contains the references to the race. Don't you find it strange that he didn't simply copy and paste the title from the news website, it seems like he did the extra work and changed it, added the race of the people involved, deliberately turning it into a race relation issue and then deliberately didn't post it in the race relation thread???

Nothing to see here, indeed. :shrug:
Ok, fair point. I edited the whole post this time just to give him the benefit of the doubt because like I said, thinking what I know isn't enough.

·
Chionophile
40,060 Posts

Ok, fair point. I edited the whole post this time just to give him the benefit of the doubt because like I said, thinking what I know isn't enough.

Thanks for editing. It's a fair call and I agree with your decision. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you try to make this about race relations, it goes in that thread, otherwise, it's not and shouldn't be portrayed as such.

·
Registered
38,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thank you. The agenda of these whiners is so obvious. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
In a statement released Saturday afternoon, the Fort Worth Police Department said an officer perceived a threat then drew his weapon. He fired one shot, striking and killing 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson.
What's the matter?

·
Registered
38,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Also, let me put it clearly, this poster wouldn't be posting this if it isn't a race-related, the intention is it is race-related.
Oh really?

North Carolina police kill unarmed deaf, mute man using sign language

Shocking new video shows unarmed Utah man was listening to headphones when killed by police

Boy, 11, Accused of Killing 8-Year-Old Neighbor With Shotgun

:scratch:

So to save you trouble in future, and they are fully aware of what they're doing, you should make it clear to them that they need to be posting these threads in the right place or there will be consequences. Can you not see silly this is that you are having to deal with this all the time? It's because he knows he can get away with it.
He has to deal with it all the time because you and yours are tragically butthurt bigots seeing nothing but race who constantly bother him with your petty gripes. Wipe your eyes and have a seat.

Edit: And let me put it clearly, you do not speak for me... you never have and you never will.

·
Registered
38,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Family of Woman Shot, Killed Inside Home by FW Police Retains Attorney

By Lili Zheng

Published Oct 12, 2019 at 9:35 PM | Updated at 12:30 AM CDT on Oct 13, 2019

The family of a woman shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer in her own home have retained an attorney.

The shooting happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday on the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue. Inside the home, the family of 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson said she was watching her 8-year-old nephew.

"She didn't do anything wrong, but she's inside of her home, trying to protect her home and my son that's inside. She's not a threat. She's a college graduate," Jefferson's older sister Amber Carr said. "You want to see justice, but justice don't bring my sister back."

Police responded to the home after a call from a neighbor indicating a front door was open. The neighbor, James Smith, said he noticed all of the lights were on. There was no movement in the house, so he called the non-emergency line asking for a welfare check.

"There was no reason for her to be dead, because there was nothing violent going on, there was no distress at this particular property. They had no reason to come here with guns drawn," Smith said. "I'm shaken, I'm mad and I'm upset, and I feel like it's probably my fault because if I had never called the police department, she'd still be alive."

Body camera video released by the Fort Worth Police Department shows the officer walking around outside the house with a flashlight. He then stops, points his flashlight at a window and then draws his gun after seeing a person watching himself from inside the house.

The officer is heard commanding, "Put your hands up, show me your hands" before firing his weapon once.

In a press release, police said the shot was fired after "perceiving a threat" but did not specify what the threat was. Once officers entered the home, they located Jefferson and a firearm and began providing emergency medical care.

The family's attorney, Lee Merritt, said it was "reckless and irresponsible" to release a picture of the firearm found without context of how it was used – if, at all.

"It's something the community has seen over and over again where the character of the victim gets called into question," Merritt told reporters. "There was nothing nefarious or illegal about owning a firearm and they presented in nowhere that firearm was contributory towards the use of deadly force here."

Continued @ https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Family-of-Woman-Shot-Killed-Inside-Home-by-FW-Police-Retains-Attorney-562950481.html

·
Registered
3,840 Posts

Reported. Mods @pancake @Leif why is a small but vocal group of posters allowed to keep breaking the rules. There is a thread for these type of posts: https://www.tennisforum.com/13-non-tennis/1288510-race-relations-issues.html

They know about, they post in it and yet they keep creating threads, creating more work for you guys. Will there be consequences for this type of behaviour?
No, JN has been doing this for years, trolling the forum with vitriol, spewing hate speech in gun control threads etc. Mods never did anything, still don't.

Anyway, regarding this case, they have released the bodycam footage. The cop shouts "show me your hands!" and shoots immediately, without giving any kind of response chance. Also he doesn't identify himself at any point. It's a colossal fuckup by a nervous, unprofessional cop.
Race is unlikely to have played any kind of role here as the police cannot have seen skin colour in that lighting.

·
Registered
38,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

No, JN has been doing this for years, trolling the forum with vitriol, spewing hate speech in gun control threads etc. Mods never did anything, still don't.

Anyway, regarding this case, they have released the bodycam footage. The cop shouts "show me your hands!" and shoots immediately, without giving any kind of response chance. Also he doesn't identify himself at any point. It's a colossal fuckup by a nervous, unprofessional cop.
Race is unlikely to have played any kind of role here as the police cannot have seen skin colour in that lighting.
vit·ri·ol

/ˈvitrēəl,ˈvitrēˌôl/

noun: vitriol

1. cruel and bitter criticism.

Racists and racism require that they not be handled with kid gloves. :shrug:

And I challenge you to provide a single example of "hate speech" on my part.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts

vit·ri·ol

/ˈvitrēəl,ˈvitrēˌôl/

noun: vitriol

1. cruel and bitter criticism.

Racists and racism require that they not be handled with kid gloves. :shrug:

And I challenge you to provide a single example of "hate speech" on my part.
You're welcome, this thread has many examples of your hate speech towards gun owners.

·
Registered
38,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

You're welcome, this thread has many examples of your hate speech towards gun owners.
I asked you to point out one example of my using "hate speech"; either do so or stop lying. You obviously know how to quote a comment. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts