Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$10K in Egypt this week after her 18 months suspension :sad:

Laura POUS-TIO (ESP) defeated Dina SENKINA (RUS) 6-3 6-0 :bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Premium Member
181,952 Posts
drugs

·
Registered
54,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it was cocaine, wasn't it? Or some infected supplement? Can't remember.
Not cocaine. Her doctor prescribed her a medicine that it turned out to contain some prohibited substance :weirdo:

From the ITF site:

The independent Tribunal found that a sample provided by Miss Pous Tio on 19 June 2007 at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships Qualifying Tournament in Roehampton, Great Britain, contained Hydrochlorothiazide and Amiloride. Hydrochlorothiazide and Amiloride are Prohibited Substances under WADA’s 2007 List of Prohibited Substances and are therefore also prohibited under the Tennis Anti-Doping Programme.

Miss Pous Tio admitted the offence, which the Tribunal accepted was derived from her use of the medication Ameride. However, the Tribunal rejected the player’s contention that she bore No Fault or
Negligence or No Significant Fault or Negligence, stating that Miss Pous Tio “…did not give any
consideration to whether the prescription medicine might contain a prohibited substance”, and “…failed
to exercise any reasonable level of care to comply with the anti-doping programme”. In accordance with
Article M.2 of the Programme, the tribunal imposed a suspension of 2 years, the start of which was
back-dated under Article M.8.3 to 1 October 2007, and hence ends at midnight on 30 September 2009.

·
Registered
54,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing about the illegal substance that medicine contained was that it was banned just a few months earlier in that very same 2007 :tape:

·
Premium Member
66,177 Posts
back-dated under Article M.8.3 to 1 October 2007, and hence ends at midnight on 30 September 2009.

:confused: Was it shortened?

·
Registered
54,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

:confused: Was it shortened?
Yeah, twice...she lost her first appeal :lol:

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
So, another doper is back to the action :rolleyes:
When will they learn to ban them for ever?

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
She had some good results at the beginning of her career but then she really started to struggle. I don't think she can reach the Top 100 again.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
These drug rules have gotten really out of hand...I highly doubt that whatever her doctor was prescribing to her was performance enhancing. Anyway, best of luck to her.

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
not performance enhancing. i think that the thing the doctor prescribed to her was used to lose weight (pretty dumb imo). the problem is that the product would also cover the effects of other performance enhancing drugs and that might have been the main issue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts