Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serena Williams is the only woman in the Forbes Sports Top 100 list for 2019 , ranked 63

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...wei-deutsche-unter-top-100-62566450.bild.html

Bemerkenswert: Nur eine Frau schaffte es unter die Top 100. Die frühere Tennis-Weltranglisten-Erste Serena Williams liegt mit 25,8 Mio Euro auf Platz 63.
Top 10:

1. Lionel Messi (Fußballer), 112 Mio

2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Fußballer), 96 Mio

3. Neymar (Fußballer), 92 Mio

4. Canelo Alvarez (Boxer), 83 Mio

5. Roger Federer (Tennis-Spieler), 82,5 Mio

6. Russell Wilson (Football-Spieler), 79 Mio

7. Aaron Rodgers (Football-Spieler), 79 Mio

8. LeBron James (Basketballer), 78,5 Mio

9. Stephen Curry (Basketballer), 70,5 Mio

10. Kevin Durant (Basketballer), 58 Mio

full list and original forbes article here

https://www.forbes.com/athletes/#4b8b155555ae

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Roger is rich!!!!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Is it just me who has never heard of half the people on that top 10 list, Russell Wilson? Aaron Rogers? Lebron James? Steven Curry? Keving Durant?

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
Many players are from baseball, american football( nothing to do with football) which are not global sports like Real football stars( messi ronaldo neymar) and tennis. Though lebron is quite famous but ofcourse not on ronaldo's or messi's level globally...
Cut off is quite high. 25 million dollars for last. So even if any female player made 15 to 20 million usd, they still cant make it to the list anymore. Serena is well deserved!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Is it just me who has never heard of half the people on that top 10 list, Russell Wilson? Aaron Rogers? Lebron James? Steven Curry? Keving Durant?
I'm not American or follow any of those sports but I know 3 out of 5 of those names.

Russell Wilson? No idea
Aaron Rogers? NFL and gay rumours
Lebron James? Basketball
Steven Curry? Basketball
Keving Durant? No idea

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Assuming you live in the UK, unless you're an active follower of the big 4 US sports then you're not really going to have heard of many of them. Some will crossover more and I'd include LeBron in that, similarly with the likes of Kobe Bryant, Shaq O'Neal, Michael Jordan etc. Same with NFL, I'd say only Tom Brady and Payton Manning would be household names.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Assuming you live in the UK, unless you're an active follower of the big 4 US sports then you're not really going to have heard of many of them. Some will crossover more and I'd include LeBron in that, similarly with the likes of Kobe Bryant, Shaq O'Neal, Michael Jordan etc. Same with NFL, I'd say only Tom Brady and Payton Manning would be household names.
never heard of payton manning or tom brady, there not names in England, maybe elsewhere in the world, they could easily walk through a typical English town (not London) and they wouldn't be recognised.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts