Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
I never said I know what would have happened
You didn't say "Venus lost that first set because of her knee", but you did say "anyone who thinks Venus didn't lose that first set because of her knee is lying". It's the same to me.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
None of what you pulled out was Venus saying she was" fine or that her knee didn't give her any problem during the match"...as you put it.

While you are pulling out quotes please be so kind as to find mine stating: "anyone who thinks Venus didn't lose that first set because of her knee is lying".

It's not there...so you see you do kinda see what you want to see. My first comment on this subject in the thread "two things we learned last night"...or something to that effect. Not once have I said what would have happened if Venus was healthy.

And lastly...yeah I believe that normally when venus plays she's not in any physical pain or she doesn't play.

The title of this thread is "for those with lying eyes". So this thread is for anyone who doesn't see the truth, and you proceed to tell us what the truth is supposed to be. That's the definition of lying, isn't it? Not saying the truth.

That means that you claim to know the truth, that you are telling us what we're supposed to see. I don't see it, so you say I'm lying to myself. So yes, you ARE saying that you know the truth, that you DO know for a fact that Venus was hampered by her knee. Venus never said that!!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Trust me Vanity, I know all to well that when we have a stake in an outcome most of us see what we want to see...That's why I supported what I saw with testimonials from trained supposedly none biased sources. And during the course of the match it appeared to me that both Pam and Cliff were pulling for the under dog but they still noted that Venus was not 100%...as did many journalist:p

So you see...I don't care what you think you saw. I know that tendinitis does not disappear in two days and I also know that with treatment one can manage the pain add to that adrenaline and one can be almost pain free, but almost only counts with hand granades and horse shoes ;).

We won't even add to this conversation the mental aspects for either player or that lact of practise on one...believe what gets you through the night sweety :wavey:

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Tine

Okay when fact isn't on your side just blather?

Dude the truth to which I'm speaking of (as I stated in my first post) is that Venus was and is hampered by her tendinitis...to what degree I don't know.

She fought through it...Daniella made her fight.

Vision clearing any:angel:

The tendonitis in Venus's knee will never disappear! So you can easily say that she never plays 100%. Venus's movements were the same as in her other matches, the one vs Brandi excepted.

the truth to which I'm speaking of (as I stated in my first post) is that Venus was and is hampered by her tendinitis...
And I say that she wasn't hampered by it in this match, IMO! I add IMO, something you didn't. You say that's the only truth!

And I think it's unfair that you should call me a liar because of that!

Nice thread itsallaboutvenus:):)

Venus is not 100 or even 90% imho and she is showing a great fighting spirit by hanging tough and bringing home the win. Daniela is a awsome player who I liked since I saw her at WImby, but facts are Venus is 2/0 against her.

GO VENUS and keep that knee in check.:)

Also you people need to read about TENDONITIS.

It FLARES up. It is an inflammatory condition. When it flares up it can be a injury and slow moving for Venus. And when it doesn't flare up it can be 100% for Venus.

Tine imho you should go and read up on TENDONITIS because your post is in need of help. You make it seem that she always has tendonitis... and that when she plays she not always 100% or whatever.

Think of arthritis. one can have it and be 100% fine. but IF it flares up then that can hamper their activity. It's the FLARING up part that matters. It's a condition.

VANITY=HATER:kiss:

Dawn Marie, try to sing a different tune.. the whole "hater" thing is old now.
The fact that you still can't move on from something posted three weeks ago is really pathetic. Grow up and act your age. Apparently, that's not the first time you've heard someone say that.

You just focus on Anna K and her emotional breakdown ways DEARIE.

YOU HATER. How about HIGH-HEEL PUMP SHOE WEARING HATER!:rolleyes: :kiss:

Vanity read my signature, I bet you think it's about you.. I bet you think it's about you Dont you don't you. You got clouds in your coffee.:D

VANITY =HATER:)

This argument is silly! It doesn't even matter whether Venus was 100% or not. The fact is, she has been tested majorly in this tournament already, and she's pulled through. She is showing that she really wants to win here, and if she is able to hold up that winner's trophy at the end, then she will fully deserve it. To argue her fitness is crazy. Let it go.

<font size=6 color= deep pink><marquee>GOOD LUCK IN THE 4TH RD. VENUS!!!</marquee></color></font>

Hmm.. I think I've pushed your buttons now.

:D

This argument is silly! It doesn't even matter whether Venus was 100% or not. The fact is, she has been tested majorly in this tournament already, and she's pulled through. She is showing that she really wants to win here, and if she is able to hold up that winner's trophy at the end, then she will fully deserve it. To argue her fitness is crazy. Let it go.
Thank you for that, hail venus. It's good to know not all Williams fans are deranged and immature like Dawn Marie.

Dawn, I do know for a fact that even if you have an injury that doens't mean you're hampered by it during a match!

Very often, once you start playing, you don't feel anything, you can move as usual.
Venus said she could move well during the match, you say she hampered by her injury. I saw for myself, with my own non-lying eyes, that Venus was moving well. Venus said herself that she was moving well! And even though she does have tendonitis, she wasn't hampered by it during that match!

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.