Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now, the 2002 AO final between Martina and Jennifer is on. But you can see SportsCentury documentaries on Martina Navratolova and Billie Jean King. You will also see the Battle of the sexes match between Billie Jean and Bobby Riggs, which was played 30 years ago today, plus tomrrow at 4:00PM, repeating at midnight you will see the 2003 AO final between Venus and Serena.

Check EPSN.com for the other shows.

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
I wish I got ESPN Classic. I would love to see those matches.

LC, it's hard to believe it was 30 years ago today that Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs. That was one of the most important matches in tennis history. And it can never be properly re-created.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
Martina is on at 6 eastern and BJK an hour after that, and the BJK match an hour after that =P

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
They show the same damn matches!~_~

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I recorded the Aussie Final!! I hate it when they skip around though, and so many commericals.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I forgot two things about this match...

1. I could not see the ball on my monitor. It blended into the color of the court. Did anyone else have this problem?

2. Jennifer's outrageous profanity laced outburst. God that was hilarious...AND they showed it again!!! For all the cutting/splicing and editing ESPN C did to this rebroadcast, you think they would cut the f word out! It has been nearly 2 years.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I could see the ball, not very well though. Martina was sooo close to winning :sad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
mmm....I shouldn't have watched that.....I actually kinda like BJK now.....anyway the shows about Martina and BJK were both very good....stop whining, atleast oyu get to see something on tv!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.