Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name your three favourite programs of all time, and three favourite skaters..

Mine:

1) Bolero, Torvill/Dean -- probably the best ever
2) A Fair, Bestemianova/Bukin
3) Swan by Denise Biehlmann

1) Denise Biehlmann
2) Toller Cranston
3) Natalia Bestemianova

·
Registered
639 Posts
I loved Isabelle Broseur and Lloyd Eisler's performance, I think it was in Nagano, where Isabelle dressed as the man and Lloyd as the women....it was so funny! Apparently for some people it was too different and too 'un-classical'...but I thought it was great, and so nice to see something new and exciting! And it was good enough to win them a bronze!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Oh and as for my favourites...I liked Kristi Yamaguchi a lot, she was such a great skater. And, I have to admit this, I liked Tanya Harding, until that disgusting act she pulled on Kerrigan. After that I lost all respect for her. I loved Tara Lipinski too! She was so incredibly athetic and it was amazing to watch her do those jumps!!
As for the men, I usually just cheered for the Canadian men, I didn't really have a favourite. If I had to pick one, it would be Elvis Stojko, he's always exciting to watch!

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
I loved Kurt Brownings long program at either 94 or 98 - whichever one was his last? Can't remember the year lol

Anyhow - If I have this right, he fell in the short program and dropped to 12th.

Then he skated a totally flawless long program as his final olympic performace, which bumped him to 5th.

But it was so good - it totally did his great carreer justice :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts