Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
48,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;)

I was reading the Bali committ list and noticed that some players have an "A" after their name, some have an "F". I see that this means Full Member or Associate Member. What's the difference, and what's the distinction? I thought it was an age thing, since Harkleroad, Sprem, Cohen-Aloro all have "A" but so does Pennetta and Sanchez Lorenzo.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
172,292 Posts
F= Full Member of WTA-$1000 fee Any player who has earned a
minimum of $35,000 as her primary source of income derived
from participation in WTA Tour Tournaments only (includes Grand
Slams but not ITF Circuit Tournaments) in either one of the past
two calendar years is eligible for full membership status. This
membership entitles players to all the benefits and votingprivileges available to Full Members of the WTA Tour and the Women’s Tennis Benefit Association.

A= Associate Member of WTA $500 fee
Any player who has earned a minimum of $ 500 from her participation in WTA Tour Tournaments in either one of the past two calendar years, or would have earned said sum amount except for her amateur status is eligible for Associate Membership status. This membership entitles players to all the benefits available to Associate Members of the WTA Tour and Women’s Tennis Benefit Association.

Note: Associate Membership is not available to any player who qualifies for Full Membership.

Membership Qualifications 2004
New Requirement for 2004: The criteria for Full and Associate Membership will change for 2004
A Full Member must earn a minimum of $40,000 as her primary source of income derived from participation in WTA Tour Tournaments (includes Grand Slams but not ITF Circuit Tournaments).

Members don't have to pay $150 entry fees for WTA tournements.

for full rules check the Rules Book on WTA site (on pdf format)

·
Premium Member
172,292 Posts
Monsters said:
so that means associate members are those who suck
not really
new players can't get Full Membership can they ??
but mostly its for the top 150 or so (will be less now ITF money cant be counted)

Reactions: AjdeNate!

·
Registered
55,994 Posts
Everything has to do with benefits the girls have from the WTA Tour depending if they are a full or an associate member. Fees are 1.000 $ for full membership and $500 for associate membership. :)

MEMBER BENEFITS

Associate membership (minimum $500 earned in the WTA Tour in either one of the two last calendar years)

*Opportunity to serve on Players' Committee
*Worldwide medical, dental and vision insurance (optional)
*Complimentary WTA Tour Player Guide and Rule Book
*Receipt of tournament information via e-mail
*Access to the Players' Extranet on the Wta Tour Official Website
*WTA Tour Membership Photo Identification Card that grants player on-site access at all Tour events
*WTA Tour $150 Administrative fee is waived at all Tour events and Grand Slams

Full Memberships (minimum $35.000 earned in the WTA Tour in either one of the two last calendar years)

Same as above plus...

*Full voting privileges at all meetings
*The right to vote for Players' Council members
*Opportunity to serve on BOTH the Players' Council & Players' Committee
*Eligibility to participate in the Women's Tennis Benefit Association Player Pension Plan
*Worldwide medical, dental, vision and/or disability insurance (optional) at 70% discount
*Complimentary on-site WTA Tour gifts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.