Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There might be something underneath this 6-0 6-0 drubbing today. While Davenport is a great player, Sharapova is also an amazing player in her own rite. If Sharapova didn't fight, she might have some personal issues going on that we don't know about. I might not like Maria, her father, or her game; but I think that something down deep was not right with Maria today!

Although I could be wrong. I've noticied that her serve has been slower on first and second, her groundies aren't quite as hard, and she played like shit against Zuluaga. She really hasn't been all that powerful this tourney. She has gotten away with some pretty lame balls that her oppoents have done nothing with. Maria played awesome against Mary, and Mary plays very similarly to Lindsay. I don't know what happened to Maria, I'll have to watch. My heart goes out to her during this loss, and is something else is wrong that we don't know about!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
safdem said:
i kinda think she did it on purpose..to go to miami earlier to get prepared or sthn..o well..wutever
:haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
No I don't think anything was wrong, the only thing I can think of is that she wasn't prepared to be on court so early, but that can't be enough reason to lose 6-0 6-0, she played like crap and Lindsay played great, I don't think there is more too it I'm afraid

·
Premium Member
20,102 Posts
Wow the excuses are running rampant. I am watching the match now(tivo is so great;)) and seriously Sharapova got waxed. I really don't know what got into Lindsay but she would not let Maria play her game at all. It was just one of those days where you could not stop Lindsay.

This is the best I have seen Lindsay play throughout her career . Sharapova looked nervous once she got down which is rare, but when you think about it no top player has applied that type of pressure on her in a while. Lindsay was forceful making Maria doubt her game.

·
Registered
52,551 Posts
DHfan said:
yeah, on purpose... makes sense...right.....
yup, usually players don't want to make finals and win tournies!! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.