Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your time of the month drag you down, and make you feel fatigued? Just feel like you're worn out and want to do absoulutely nothing!! My mind says "dawn go on out gurl and get a drink do some dancing" but my body says "gurl you need to keep your ass at home and rest".. sheesh .. life i not fair! damnit!

Is this just a little bit of too much information for yah'll? LOL

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Girl, I know what you mean. I feel the same way usually on the first two days. And lately, my shit's been heavy as hell. I've been doing some research, and I'm gonna go early for my "annual" this year. I can't keep putting up with this crap. Anyway, I'm pretty much kool with it after the second day. Around days 3 and 4, I'm going out on the town again. I guess you just have to adopt the attitude of "you're not gonna control me...I'm gonna control you". Good luck. :wavey:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Well imagine if you were anemic...it makes me feel like I'm an old lady...I have to get a b12 shot just to get myself thru the first two days...after that I start to feel a lil better...

I always make sure that I exercise...believe it or not it works...

Get up and go out girl...its like Hail said...dont let it rule you...

I dont even know why the lord waste time giving me a cycle...I have no notions of ever getting pregnant..lol

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
i hate mine....when i first start, i always feel..blah..but i start to count down the days..and it makes me feel better..until i just forget about it (almost)

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
BK4ever said:
Well imagine if you were anemic...it makes me feel like I'm an old lady...I have to get a b12 shot just to get myself thru the first two days...after that I start to feel a lil better...

I always make sure that I exercise...believe it or not it works...

Get up and go out girl...its like Hail said...dont let it rule you...

I dont even know why the lord waste time giving me a cycle...I have no notions of ever getting pregnant..lol
i'm anemic too and it's hell:( it makes me wanna stay in bed all day:sad:

·
Registered
521 Posts
"For LADIES only! guys STAY OUT! :)"

Well - this will be like waving a red rag to a bull - lol (no pun intended btw - lol)

A few years ago, i had some acupuncture and believe me, it has REALLY helped, with cramps etc.

It varies from month to month - sometimes i feel like shit, and its a big drag, but othertimes - as Rebecca said - i feel an enourmous clarity and wisdom, springing from feelings of vulnerability, etc. - I guess i could mostly sum that up by saying its a 'quiet strength'
I can get very weepy - but i also enjoy this - as it feels like i am in touch with my emotions. :)

Its a great time to journey inward - and reflect, and yes - stay home, don't go out!!!! lol :)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree after the first couple of days everything kicks back in, but those first days it is hell. I think it runs in my family because my mother and sisters get PMS so bad. I do get emotional and creative.. infact I painted a picture today.. nothing big. LOL

Then I can cry at anything..

This will not control me I will beat it up .. next time! I hope.. it is tough.

Thanks for the encouragement Bk4ever and Hail. Thanks everyone.

By the way I stayed home and cried some and went and played with my Barbie collection.. and of course sat with my doggie.:)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Becca show me in my paragrapgh where it states that PMS is a problem for me?

Don't worry about my problems you just focus on your low self esteem that you talked about last year, birthday gurl.

sincerely, the party crasher;)

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
i get REALLY bad cramps... so bad that it hurts my thighs... feels like the pain is running up n down my legs. i always make sure i get a massage afore the period comes... makes me feel much better.. gets my circulation moving, blah.

but yeah... i sleep a lot more during that time [as if i dont sleep enough as it is]. i still do everything i have to do thou. i do some pilate moves to help me feel better.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"too late gotcha!" .. lmao:)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I am lucky that my cramps are not too bad, but I get really emotional :p I feel like crying or fly off the handle at the slightest thing, and when I am in a bad mood no one can talk me out of it :eek: I have a friend who really suffers though, she has bad cramps for about a week and for a couple of days almost can't leave bed.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Ugh, i really hate the first 2 days of it. I used to get really ill - bad cramps and be sick but i finally went to the doctor's and she gave me pills called 'Mefemic acid' (sp?) and that really helps me. I also the the 'build up' to it so i feel really tired.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
My cycle doesn't bother me at all.......it never really has and I sure hope that doesn't change!:bounce::D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts